NEW YORK, June 23, 2015 /PRNewswire/ — One year ago today, the Mediterra®(www.MediterraNutrition.com) team launched the first nutrition bars based on the Mediterranean Diet. Twelve months later, the company is one of the most compelling snack brands on store shelves.
“From the nutritionals and flavors, to variety and packaging, we have received enthusiastic feedback from retail buyers, retail dietitians, the media and consumers,” says Telemaque Lavidas, founder of Mediterra. “This has been an exciting year filled with much growth and many milestones and we look forward to what this next year will bring.”
“Having worked for nearly two decades in the food business, Mediterra is one of those rare brands that continue to accelerate at a record pace,” says CEO Paul Pruett. “This year Mediterra carved its space in the category and now our goal is to be a leader.”
Mediterra bar ingredients are native to the Mediterranean region and all six bars adhere to the Mediterranean Diet, considered by scientists as one of the healthiest lifestyles in the world. Mediterra’s savory bars with low sugar and plant-based pea protein have helped to catapult the company into retailers nationwide.
First year anniversary highlights include:
- Authorized distribution in more than 3,000 stores throughout North America including two of the largest retailers in the world: Kroger and Loblaws. Other retailers include Sprouts, Natural Grocers by Vitamin Cottage, Pharmaca, Whole Foods Market locations in the West and more;
- The winners of three consumer and trade industry awards including being named one of Grocery Headquarters “2015 Selling Trailblazers.” Mediterra also won The Lempert Report Innovator awardhttp://www.supermarketguru.com/the-lempert-report/whats-in-your-kids-school-lunch.html and a 2014 BSC Bestie Kids Awards http://www.bsckids.com/2014/07/summer-fancy-food-2014-bsckids-bestie-awards/; and
- Media Attention – Mediterra received more than 200 unique media mentions in trade and consumer publications, television, radio and blogs including Shape, Woman’s World Weekly, Reuters, Good Housekeeping, Men’s Fitness, The Los Angeles Times, and more. It also was named an “Editor’s Pick” and a “product to watch” by Fancy Food Magazine, “Candy Industry Magazine and Natural Products Merchandiser and others.
Mediterra’s six bar flavors come in three specific varieties:
The First Ever “Savory Bars” with flavors that include Tomato/Basil/Capers and Olive/Walnut/Chives;“Sesame Honey Energy Bars” featuring Sesame Seed/Pistachio/Greek Honey and Sesame Seed/Orange/Greek Honey; and “Yogurt and Oat Bars” in Yogurt/Oat/Cherry Pistachio and Yogurt/Oat/Apricot Pistachio flavors. All bars are all-natural, non-GMO and Gluten-Free. The MSRP is $1.99.
Headquartered in New York City, Mediterra® is the first company to offer ready-to-eat nutrition bars inspired by the Mediterranean Diet. Mediterra® nutrition bars in Savory, Yogurt and Oats and Sesame Honey Energy, offer a healthy snack alternative incorporating healthy fats, grains, seeds, vegetables, fruits and greens. It’s on-the-go fuel that’s perfectly suited for the marathon of contemporary life. For more information, please visitwww.MediterraNutrition.com. #GoTasteLife.
Subscribe to BevNET+NOSH Today
Subscribe today and get access to the leading industry resources in the food & beverage industries. News, trends, industry data, expert analysis and much more.
Access all of these benefits:
- Unlimited access to all content on BevNET.com and NOSH.com
- Exclusive access to hundreds of educational videos
- Watch subscriber-only live programs such as Office Hours