SAN DIEGO – Bumble Bee Seafoods, North America’s premium seafood company, has introduced several new flavors to its Prime Fillet® line, Seasoned Tuna Pouches, and Snack on the Run! kits. New flavor varieties provide consumers with delicious ways to eat more seafood following the FDA’s recently announced seafood advice for pregnant and nursing women, and families.
The advice encourages moms and moms-to-be to eat two to three servings of fish per week from the “best choices” list. Bumble Bee makes it even easier for families to get their recommended servings with bold new flavors of high-quality, premium tuna that can be enjoyed at home or on the go.
“Consumers are looking for nutritious, affordable meal solutions to fill their pantries,” said Dave Melbourne, Bumble Bee senior vice president, consumer marketing and corporate social responsibility. “Bumble Bee’s new flavor varieties offer simple, delicious ways to incorporate more seafood into you and your family’s diet.”
While fish can sometimes be intimidating to prepare, canned and pouched seafood is immediately ready to be added to any meal. As a leader in health and wellness, Bumble Bee offers a wide variety of high-quality, affordable shelf-stable seafood products, giving consumers even more ways to get their recommended servings of fish each week. New flavor additions include:
- Bumble Bee® Prime Fillet® Albacore Tuna: Bumble Bee has added two new flavor varieties to its line of premium-grade albacore, including Ginger, Soy & Olive Oil, a seasoned mix of flavors ready to pour over rice or add to a lettuce wrap, and Pesto & Olive Oil, a blend of basil, garlic, sea salt and olive oil you can serve over pasta or atop a baby green salad.
- Bumble Bee® Seasoned Tuna Pouches with Spoon: Bumble Bee’s tasty seasoned tuna pouches now conveniently include a spoon for immediate, on-the-go snacking straight from the pouch. Two new varieties, Lemon Sesame & Ginger, a balanced blend of distinctive flavors and savory tuna, and Sriracha, a bold pairing of subtle heat and sweet chilies, join other exciting flavors like Spicy Thai Chili, Jalapeño and Lemon Pepper.
- Bumble Bee® Snack on the Run! Kits with Crackers: These portable protein snacks now include new varieties like Cheesy Tuna Melt, a convenient take on a classic flavor, and Rosemary, Garlic & Sea Salt Tuna Salad, a delicious combination of fragrant rosemary with just the right touch of garlic.
To learn more, or to purchase your favorite Bumble Bee products, visit www.BumbleBee.com.
About Bumble Bee Seafoods
Bumble Bee Foods, LLC, headquartered in San Diego, is North America’s largest branded shelf-stable seafood company, offering a full line of canned and pouched tuna, salmon, sardine and specialty protein products marketed in the U.S. under leading brands including Bumble Bee®, Brunswick®, Snow’s®, Wild Selections® and Beach Cliff®, and in Canada under the Clover Leaf® brand. The company also produces premium fresh frozen seafood under the Bumble Bee SuperFresh™ line. Bumble Bee SuperFresh™ seafood is cleaned, cut and fresh frozen within hours, then chef prepared with high-quality all natural ingredients.
Bumble Bee’s mission is to provide healthy and nutritious products and meal solutions that are sourced sustainably. The company actively promotes the responsible stewardship of global fisheries resources and is a founding member of the International Seafood Sustainability Foundation (ISSF) — a global partnership of scientists, tuna processors and WWF, the global conservation organization.
For more information on Bumble Bee Seafoods, visit www.BumbleBee.com. Join fans of Bumble Bee and healthy living at www.facebook.com/BumbleBeeSeafoods and follow us on Twitter @BumbleBeeFoods, Pinterestwww.pinterest.com/BumbleBeeFoods and Instagram @BumbleBeeFoods.
Subscribe to BevNET+NOSH Today
Subscribe today and get access to the leading industry resources in the food & beverage industries. News, trends, industry data, expert analysis and much more.
Access all of these benefits:
- Unlimited access to all content on BevNET.com and NOSH.com
- Exclusive access to hundreds of educational videos
- Watch subscriber-only live programs such as Office Hours