WALNUT CREEK, CA (April, 2016) –– Modern Table Meals, a line of delicious and nutritious meal kits created to help solve the “what’s for dinner?” dilemma, announced the launch of four new family-friendly products. The new offerings include Cheddar Broccoli Meal Kit, Creamy Mushroom Meal Kit, and two Bean Pastas – Lentil Rotini and Lentil Elbows. Developed by a group of like-minded moms, all Modern Table products include 13-24 grams of plant-based protein and 3-8 grams of fiber per serving and no artificial colors and preservatives, providing a healthier and more satiating alternative to wheat-based pasta. All Modern Table products are vegetarian, gluten-free and non-GMO. The shelf stable products will be introduced at select national retailers throughout May and available online at www.moderntable.com.
“As busy moms, we understand the challenge of finding time to make a home-cooked meal that’s not only fast and easy, but also healthy and yummy,” says founder and “Chief Mom” Gulbin Hoeberechts. “For Modern Table’s new meal kits, we created familiar flavors with nutritious ingredients that everyone in the family looks forward to and can be made in under 15 minutes!”
- Cheddar Broccoli Bean Pasta + Veggie Kit: The quintessential combination, Cheddar Broccoli, provides a rich and cheesy flavor mixed with nutritious veggies to make for a satisfying and delicious meal that even the kids are sure to love. Modern Table’s Cheddar Broccoli Bean Pasta + Veggie Kit is made with glutMen-free green lentil rotini and comes with creamy cheddar broccoli sauce, vegetables including carrots and broccoli, and spicy herb seasoning for an extra kick. Each serving is packed with 20 grams of plant-based protein and 7 grams of fiber and takes just 15 minutes to prepare. Modern Table’s Cheddar Broccoli Bean Pasta + Veggie Kit ($6.99 /11.6 oz.) will debut in 1,400 Target stores nationwide and at select Whole Foods stores nationwide this May.
- Creamy Mushroom Bean Pasta + Veggie Kit: A quick and easy one-dish meal, Modern Table’s Creamy Mushroom Bean Pasta + Veggie Kit offers the satisfaction of a classic comfort food meal without the guilt. Rich and indulgent creamy mushroom sauce is accompanied by peas, mushrooms, and a crispy-sweet onion seasoning. Made with lentil-based, gluten-free rotini, each serving is loaded with 21 grams of plant-based protein and 5 grams of fiber, to make a balanced and delicious meal for the whole family. Modern Table’s Creamy Mushroom Bean Pasta + Veggie Kit ($6.99 /11.3 oz.) will be available in 1,400 Target stores nationwide and select Whole Foods stores nationwide this May.
- Lentil Rotini & Lentil Elbows: For those who prefer to create customized sauces for their pasta, Modern Table is introducing new plain bean pastas made from red lentils in two varieties – Lentil Rotini and Lentil Elbows. Perfect for everything from mac & cheese to pasta salad, the new Lentil Elbows deliver 14 grams of plant-based protein and 4 grams of fiber in a kid-approved elbow shape. Adding one of the most popular pasta shapes into the Modern Table line, the Lentil Rotini is ideal for catching thick and meaty sauces and offers 14 grams of plant-based protein and 4 grams of fiber. Best of all, though these pastas are created from only one, non-GMO ingredient – red lentil flour – they taste just like regular noodles. Modern Table’s pastas offer a convenient, versatile and nutritious alternative to wheat-based pastas that are typically high in calories but low in nutritive value. Ready in just 10 minutes, these gluten-free meal starters can be customized to taste with veggies, sauces and proteins of choice. This May, Modern Table’s bean pastas ($4.99/10 oz.) both will be available online and the Lentil Rotini will debut at 250 select Target stores nationwide.
ABOUT MODERN TABLE MEALS: Modern Table Meals was founded by a group of moms united by their determination to find delicious dinner options that are also nutritious, fast and easy to prepare. The result is healthy, flavorful and complete bean-based pasta meal kits that break the cycle of takeout tyranny for busy families. Combining the benefits of nutrient-dense beans with the appeal and versatility of pasta, the team developed the brand’s signature bean-based pasta in convenient, 15-minute meal kits that come complete with sauce and a seasoning packet to customize to your family’s taste. The line debuted in July 2014 with four original shelf stable flavor combinations – Italian Red Lentil Penne Bean Pasta + Veggie Kit, Mediterranean Green Lentil Rotini Bean Pasta + Veggie Kit, Teriyaki White Bean and Broccoli Noodles Bean Pasta + Veggie Kit, and Southwest Red Lentil Rotini Bean Pasta + Veggie Kit. In July 2015 the line introduced Homestyle Mac & Cheese Green Rotini Bean Pasta + Veggie Kit, Pesto Green Lentil Penne Bean Pasta + Veggie Kit, Confetti Green and Red Lentil Rotini (named one of Prevention magazine’s Cleanest Packaged Foods of 2016), and Black Bean Penne Pasta, and Mixed Green and Red Lentil Penne. All products are available online at www.moderntable.com and nationally at Target, Whole Foods, Wegmans, Jewel, Safeway, and more.
Subscribe to BevNET+NOSH Today
Subscribe today and get access to the leading industry resources in the food & beverage industries. News, trends, industry data, expert analysis and much more.
Access all of these benefits:
- Unlimited access to all content on BevNET.com and NOSH.com
- Exclusive access to hundreds of educational videos
- Watch subscriber-only live programs such as Office Hours