Working with a Distributor: Understanding Costs of Distribution
Understanding the costs associated with working a beverage distributor is a vital part of of the distribution decision. In these video, Arthur Flores of independent LA-based LA Distributing Company, discusses some of the points that beverage entrepreneurs need to consider and be prepared for when signing up with a distributor. Hearing it from the perspective of the distributor will help beverage entrepreneurs be prepared when making their pitch to a distributor.
Table of Contents
- Does a distributor buy my product by the unit, case or pallet?
- Does the distributor pick up from my warehouse?
- How does a distributor pay?
- How do I account for my sales & marketing spend?
- Does the distributor determine my retail price?
- What is the process of obtaining chain authorization?
- What is a slotting fee?
- Should a supplier look to be nationally or regionally selective in its market choices?