RENTON, Wash. — Java Trading Company unveiled its new coffee line at the Natural Products Expo East Show on September 13-15, which was held in Maryland at the Baltimore Convention Center. Dedicated to providing an exceptional taste experience from seed-to-cup, the new Java Trading coffees will be showcased at Booth #5011.
Established in 1968, the traders of Java Trading have traveled the world, sourcing and forging relationships with farmers that work the land and grow the finest coffee beans. Today owning its own sustainable farms and mills in Costa Rica and Colombia, Java Trading continues to source new family farms and mills in exotic lands that share the same philosophy of eco-friendly coffee farming.
“We are excited to bring the finest coffees from the farms and mills we partner with to the consumer,” said Russ Kramer, Executive Vice President of Java Trading Company “We work hard to ensure the sustainability and well-being of the coffee producers, and we want to share the story of coffee’s journey from the tree to the cup.”
Introducing 12 premium 100% Arabica coffee beans, 6 available in USDA Organic that have been meticulously milled and roasted to perfection. The new Java Trading coffee offerings are:
- Alma Del Café (Colombia) – Medium body, chocolate notes with a hint of nuts
- Ethiopia Sidamo – Citrusy aroma, deep fruity flavors
- La Sonrisa (Costa Rica) – Bright acidity, with hints of maple and honey
- Breakfast Blend – Floral with a medium body and bright acidity
- Stargazer – Sweet notes of dark chocolate
- Hazelnut – Nutty aroma and a smooth creamy body
Java Trading Coffee Organic offerings (USDA Certified):
- Ethiopia Sidamo Organic – Citrusy aroma, deep fruity flavors
- Peru Chanchamayo Organic – Full bodied, medium acidity with a hint of dried fruit
- Mexico Chiapas Organic – Medium body with notes of cedar and milk chocolate
- French Roast Organic – Bittersweet and light bodied, distinct smoky notes
- Breakfast Blend Organic – Floral with a medium body and bright acidity
- Hazelnut Organic – Bittersweet and light bodied with distinct smoky notes
Packaged in whimsical designs of old world travel and authenticity, each label evokes a sense of journey from its coffee’s origin. With a tagline of “We discover. You enjoy.”, Java Trading Company is committed to ethical sourcing and sustainable business practices. The coffees are available in 10-12 oz. bags and 10 ct cups at the suggested SRP of $7.99.
With its vertical integration and transparency from point of origin, the company operates no-cost dental & medical care clinics to the growers, has invested over $100,000 over 10 years in renovating schools in Colombia and preserves natural forestland & wildlife corridors through its environmental practices of erosion control and minimal use of inputs & fertilization philosophy.
About Java Trading Company
Founded in the lush farmlands of Costa Rica in 1968, Java Trading Company, under Distant Lands Coffee provides the world’s finest coffees to its grocery, food service and specialty roaster clients. A farmer first vertically integrated specialty coffee company, the company operates divisions of coffee farms and mills, green coffee trading and multi-national quality control services with roasting plants in Renton, WA. and Tyler, Texas. Distant Lands Coffee is a subsidiary of ITO EN (North America) INC., a multi-national beverage company based in Brooklyn, New York.