AUSTIN, Texas – Smart Flour, which has been elevating the frozen retail aisle with its ancient-grain pizzas and crusts since 2014, has reformulated its lineup to deliver even more mouthwatering flavor in every bite. Furthering the brand’s passion for bringing unapologetically delicious, whole-grain nutrition to the modern consumer, these updated recipes are designed to offer an enhanced pizza-eating experience. Here is how the reformulations break down:
- A Cheesy Change: Low-moisture, part-skim mozzarella replaces the original whole-milk mozzarella in all of Smart Flour’s pizzas, offering a better chew and more forgiving bake (less lactose, less chance of burning).
- Uncured Pepperoni: This traditional pie features a new-and-improved formula that is sure to please the masses, plus smaller pepperoni pieces more evenly distributed for maximum meaty flavor in every bite.
- Classic Cheese is now Four Cheese: Parmesan and romano have joined the original mozzarella and provolone blend to create the perfect amount of gooey, cheesy goodness.
- Traditional Margherita: Always a classic, this pizza now features fresh basil in a perfect trifecta of tomatoes, mozzarella and basil.
- Chicken Sausage: This zesty offering features new-and-improved sausage that’s cut into smaller pieces for more even distribution in every bite.
What has not changed is the brand’s commitment to serving up ancient grains in every slice. Smart Flour’s certified gluten-free pizzas start with a Non-GMO Project Verified crust that’s made with a unique flour blend of sorghum, amaranth and teff. These ingredients give the pizzas a healthy boost of fiber, protein, calcium, vitamins and minerals that far surpasses the nutritional profile of other whole-grain and gluten-free options on the market. The gourmet pies are then topped with carefully-selected, clean ingredients that include a traditional and tasty tomato sauce, hormone-free cheese blend and the best-tasting, nitrate/nitrite-free uncured pepperoni and hand-selected sausage in the meat versions.
“We’ve taken our customers’ feedback over the years to heart and have made subtle changes to our products that produced big results,” said Charlie Pace, founder and CEO of Smart Flour. “Our pizzas now deliver even more mainstream taste appeal, while still keeping the same ancient-grain goodness people have come to love. Nothing matters more to us than our customers, and we’re excited to hear what they think.”
Smart Flour’s pizzas are available at select natural and mainstream markets nationwide for an SRP of $6.99-$7.99. Visit smartflourfoods.com for more info.
About Smart Flour
Smart Flour’s success in foodservice and launch into retail in late 2013 has been instrumental in transforming the gluten-free market and overall perception of gluten-free foods. Made with the power of ancient grains for elevated nutrition, the company’s culinary-inspired, better-for-you and certified gluten-free offerings have shown the world that gluten-free products do not need to sacrifice delicious taste and can be good for you too. The brand’s lineup includes: Pizza and crusts for grocery, along with crusts, flatbread, hoagie rolls, hamburger buns, pancake and waffle mix and dessert bars for foodservice customers. For more information, visit smartflourfoods.com and find @smartflourfoods on Facebook and Instagram.