CANTON, Mass.— With millions of consumers paying more attention to what they put in their bodies these days, Maria and Ricardo’s, a manufacturer of high-quality, non-GMO tortillas, has launched two new tortillas to add to the weekly grocery list – Quinoa Flour Certified Gluten Free and Whole Wheat Plus. Perfect for those following a gluten-free diet or simply searching for foods with higher fiber and protein, the new Quinoa Flour Certified Gluten Free and Whole Wheat Plus tortillas are also delicious and packed with flavor. Both tortillas can be found at Whole Foods Market locations across the country, online on Amazon.com, and in various independent and specialty retailers as well.
- Quinoa Flour Certified Gluten Free Tortilla is made with a unique blend of quinoa flour, tapioca and potato starch, combined with avocado oil. It’s free of dairy, wheat, soy and egg, only 100 calories, and is Vegan and Kosher certified. There are six tortillas per package and retails for approximately $4.29 at Whole Foods.
- Whole Wheat Plus Tortilla, with only four net carbs, is a Keto-friendly tortilla packed with six grams of fiber, three grams of protein, 45 calories, 1.5 grams of fat and is Vegan and Kosher certified. Made with avocado oil, there are eight tortillas per package and it retails for approximately $3.29 at Whole Foods.
“Our new Quinoa Flour and Whole Wheat Plus tortillas are a welcomed addition to our tortilla line and consumers will be delighted with their amazing taste and texture,” said Ezequiel “Cheque” Montemayor, CEO of Maria and Ricardo’s Tortillas. “We’ve combined the finest ingredients to create two new recipes that are delicious and offer healthier options for your favorite meal.”
Maria and Ricardo’s tortillas are inspired by the company’s deep Mexican roots and baked with the finest non-GMO ingredients to provide superior taste, texture and performance for mucho goodness in every tortilla. All tortillas are free from artificial colors and artificial flavors, contain no hydrogenated fats, and most are either USDA-Certified Organic or made with organic ingredients. Within the Maria and Ricardo’s line, there are more than 20 tortillas to choose from, providing consumers with options no matter the size, flavor or type of tortilla they’re looking for.
- Full of flavor and don’t crack or break easily like others
- All varieties are Non-GMO, Vegan and Kosher certified
- Many are made with organic ingredients or are USDA-certified organic
- No artificial colors, flavors or hydrogenated oils
- Baked from scratch using the highest quality ingredients
- Available at stores throughout the country including Whole Foods Markets
About Maria and Ricardo’s
Maria and Ricardo’s makes high-quality tortillas using real, simple and wholesome ingredients. The company was founded in 1986 by cousins Maria and Ricardo, who were one of the first of their time to believe that the best tasting tortillas came from using natural ingredients resulting with the cleanest recipe possible. While Maria and Ricardo are no longer part of the company, it has always remained in the hands of Mexican families who have a passion for delicious, real and simple tortillas and Mexican foods. Today, the company is owned by and operates under the leadership of the Montemayor family, who have a long history of manufacturing high-quality and delicious tortillas. Their passion for bringing Mexico’s vibrant food culture to the US market is evident in every package of Maria and Ricardo’s tortillas. Maria and Ricardo’s is one of several brands in the Harbar LLC portfolio and is based in Canton, Massachusetts. More information on the company can be found on MariaandRicardos.com as well as Instagram and Facebook.