Certifying Your Home Kitchen
- Run Time
- 9 minutes 0 seconds
- Last Updated
Table of Contents
- What are the Cottage Food Acts?
- What necessary equipment does a residential kitchen needs to have in order to produce food for retail sale?
- Are these components different for selling at wholesale versus for something like a farmer’s market?
- Are there additional requirements (e.g. for the type of refrigeration or waste disposal or restroom facilities)that are needed?
- What are some common reasons for permit rejection?
- How long can the certification process take?
- How much does it cost to have my kitchen permitted?
- How often does a health inspector come back to inspect my kitchen?
- Do I have to be licensed or certified in anything before I prepare foods for retail or wholesale?