In a challenging economy, many companies delay decision-making and retract investment to avoid risk. But this behavior is “innovation suffocation,” explains President and CEO of Tetra Pak, U.S. & Canada, Michael Zacka. And it can prevent companies from seeing the distinct opportunities that exist -even in difficult economic climates.
Drawing from his own observations as well as the successes of Pretzel Crisps, Whole Foods, Apple and many others, Zacka takes an in-depth look at what distinguishes high-growth businesses from the pack, identifying five fundamental currents that can reshape corporate success and sustainable profit growth.
- Speed, and how, in today’s environment, “the fast are eating the slow”;
- Age, and how Millennials and Baby Boomers are shaping the marketplace;
- Glocal, and the increasing importance of “thinking global,” while respecting and “acting local”
- Uncertainty, and how high-growth companies are able to shield their organizations and continue to innovate during uncertain economic times; and
Watch Zacka’s full speech on the subject here.
Subscribe to BevNET+NOSH Today
Subscribe today and get access to the leading industry resources in the food & beverage industries. News, trends, industry data, expert analysis and much more.
Access all of these benefits:
- Unlimited access to all content on BevNET.com and NOSH.com
- Exclusive access to hundreds of educational videos
- Watch subscriber-only live programs such as Office Hours