Course: Advanced Retail and Channel Strategies
Retail Management Strategy
- How do I determine the correct channel strategy for my brand?
- Are certain markets or chains better than others for my product?
- What are some key differences in working with the overall grocery and convenience channel compared to just natural?
- What is the difference between chain stores and "up and down the street" stores?
- How important are chain authorizations for my brand?
- Do chain authorization come before a distribution agreement?
- How do I get in touch with a beverage buyer?
- How do I get in the right position to have my product compete in a specific category?
- How do I expand my retail presence from one single product to multiple offerings?
- How do I take my product to a mainstream audience?
- How will I know if my product is ready to expand into a new market?
- How do you tweak your flavors/labels/positioning etc without starting from scratch?
- What is a club store?
- What types of products are most appropriate for selling in a club store?
- Do I need unique packaging for club stores?
- Will a club store work with me directly or do I have to go through a broker/distributor?
- What are expected margins in the club channel versus those in C-store, drug and grocery?
- Is the Club Market more interested in new products or existing products with an existing customer base?
- What does ‘Club Potential’ & ‘Club Ready’ mean?
- Is there a ‘time to go’ and a ‘time not to go’ to club?
- If a buyer approaches me at a trade show what should I do?
- How do club stores handle sampling?
- Once my product is in a club store, how long will it remain?