Starting a food or beverage company? Check out BevNET FBU — March 27, 2014, in Boston, MA.
What is it?
BevNET is delighted to announce Food and Beverage University (FBU) Boston, its one-day business education and networking event. FBU Boston will take place on March 27 at the Artists for Humanity EpiCenter at 100 W. 2nd St. in the Fort Point Channel neighborhood of Boston.
Mixing the experience of company founders with the expertise of industry professionals, FBU Boston will offer early-stage food and beverage entrepreneurs an unprecedented understanding of all aspects of building a scalable business. Attendees can expect a clear-eyed look at the challenges they will face, as well as the knowledge they need to reach product development and sales milestones that can summon the good fortune of broad distribution and investment behind a hit brand.
What will be covered?
Topics to be covered during the full-day program will range from those rudimentary design, sales and marketing, and production elements that are required of any new enterprise to distribution and retail launch strategies. Entrepreneurs and financial advisors will provide thorough understanding of the capital requirements food and beverage companies need for growth and sustainability, and the best ways to access potential investors at various stages of company maturity.
Who is speaking?
To support the kickoff of FBU Boston, BevNET has already assembled an initial team of speakers and panelists from across the country that is unsurpassed in its experience and skill at building food and beverage companies from small enterprises to large-scale successes. Speakers include:
- Perry Abbenante, CMO and General Manager, Stonefire; former VP of Marketing, Pretzel Crisps; former Senior Global Director, Grocery, Whole Foods Market
- Janica Lane, Managing Director, Healthy, Active and Sustainable Living Investment Banking, Piper Jaffray & Co.
- Bob Burke, founder, Natural Products Consulting; co-author, Natural Products Field Manual
- Mike Burgmaier, Managing Director, Silverwood Capital
- Shane Emmett, CEO, Health Warrior, Inc.
- Paula Grant, Founding Partner, Flood Creative
- Charlie Moro, President, CFS Consulting Group; former VP of Marketing-Business Development, Tree of Life Company; former Senior Buyer, Target
Alongside panelists and speaker presentations, FBU will feature several networking opportunities for attendees to meet with speakers, BevNET’s own experts, and the universe of retailers, distributors, investors and suppliers that comprise the universe of the food and beverage entrepreneur.
Pay attention for more speaker and agenda announcements, as well as more detailed description of course content. And prepare to launch with the head start that comes from owning knowledge of the road ahead.
Registration and Pricing:
Early registration for the event is now open through February 23, at which point the cost to attend increases by $50/person. Pricing is as follows:
- Food or beverage companies less than 2 years old: $249/person
- Food or beverage companies greater than 2 years old: $299/person
- All other business types, including service & supplier companies: $499/person
Discounts are available for active BevNETFBU.com subscribers. To learn more about this opportunity, please contact Jon Landis at (617) 231-8834 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Sponsorship opportunities are still open for FBU Boston 2014. Interested parties should contact John McKenna at (617) 231-8825 or email@example.com