Field Sales Manager
Blake's Hard Cider Co.
The Field Sales Manager is responsible for driving sales volume within their designated Sales Territory. The FSM helps manage the distribution chain and collaborates sales representatives of the distribution channel, applying a team approach and maintaining open communication with distributors and retail outlets. The FSM plans and schedules sales events, building sales of new outlets and maintaining current outlets with increased product facings. Performs essential functions to ensure overall customer satisfaction and quality service, and establishes and maintains effective communication with management and customers. Responsible for the effective and efficient planning, and scheduling of product activation and all endeavors to increase sales and distribution of the Blake’s Hard Cider brand. This position may require travel up to 75% of the time.
As a Field Sales Manager, you are accountable for meeting the company’s sales and marketing and activation goals within your territory, handling several distributor accounts, as well as playing a key role in meeting the company wide profitability and customer satisfaction goals:
- The Field Sales Manager role is first and foremost tasked with effectively and successfully managing and leading our distributor and market facing initiatives in the assigned territories.
- Achieve or exceed the budgeted depletion sales as determined in Annual Brand Planning meetings with individual distributors as well as achieve CE shipment goals as outlined in quarterly bonus structure.
- This position along with every sales management position at Blake’s, has market responsibilities including meaningful sampling & brand awareness events, wholesaler development workdays with sales reps and sales managers and account visits in all segments including an emphasis on Key Account retail development working in conjunction with the Blake’s Key Account team.
- This position is expected to model and always adhere to the Blake’s Servant Leadership philosophy and values, including our commitment to inclusion, quality, profitability, our co-workers, our community and our company.
- All members of the sales team are responsible for supporting the company mission – “Growing Good Times & Memories for Every Generation” and Core Values - Whatever it takes, Help one another be successful, Accountability to each other, Treat customers like guests in our home and employees like family.
Responsibilities and Duties
General and Administrative
- Maintain a professional appearance and demeanor that reflects the company’s commitment to quality, continuous improvement and respect for individuals.
- Effectively schedule and prioritize activities and, when necessary, reorganize to meet deadline changes and updates.
- Maintain Workbook requirements on a monthly, quarterly and annual basis.
- Communicate effectively with all members of the Sales, Operation, Marketing and Administrative teams.
- Follow systems and procedures outlined in all company human resource manuals.
Sales Management of Territory
- Develops, coordinates, and controls all sales and marketing activities of the Company within their territory to produce the targeted sales and profit goals of the Company within the guidelines of Company policies and the intent of the Company’s mission.
- Ensures that all company transactions are done in an ethical and prudent manner.
- Settles all relevant customer complaints at the sales management level.
- Maintains a well-groomed, professional appearance appropriate for the position and situation in which the Field Sales Manager may be involved.
- Attends trade shows, conventions, seminars, and other meetings to enhance his/her professional knowledge or to promote the Company. Attendance will be self-directed in the best interest on BHC.
- Follows company protocols written and verbal.
- Coordinates sales and quotes with customers and office personnel.
- Executes all necessary administration duties including any and all action items needed to maintain and manage all aspects of the business in an organized, cohesive and comprehensive fashion.
- Attends all mandated sales meetings and team conference calls to ensure proper information flow and adherence to stated goals and objectives.
- Ensures the acquisition of potential customers by appropriate means including, but not limited to, promotions, referrals, and direct sales calls.
- Ensures that an accurate recording system is maintained on all distribution contracts and proposals submitted to customers.
- Coordinates, Reviews and maintains various sales data and gap reporting.
- Commitment to uncovering competitors' selling policies, tactics, services, and prices/promotions offered
- Track and maintain sales CE’s into distribution and into sales outlets.
- Manages, maintains and adhered to monthly budget expense reports.
Qualifications, Skills & Requirements
- Required: High school diploma or equivalent
- Preferred: College degree in business with a major in sales or marketing
- Ability to guide, direct, and coordinate all sales activities within the territory.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively run a territory in an efficient manner.
- The ability to understand the needs of business accounts through conversational interaction and converting those needs into sales.
- Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers.
- Excellent knowledge of the industry and trends impacting the business.
- Ability to effectively communicate, in English, both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to do routine business math calculations including computation of sales costs and quotes.
- Ability to deal effectively with customers in person, on the telephone or through email communication.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Applications
- The work for this position will be divided between a climate controlled, smoke free office environment and outside and in other business locations while making sales calls on potential and current customers. The normal auto and air travel hazards will apply.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- Work will be performed from eight to twelve hours per day, five days per week. Weekend work will be required from time to time.