Southern California Sales Manager
Be in Good Spirits, LLC
Southern California Sales Manager
Execute programs through personal selling designed to maximize the sale and distribution of Frankly Organic Vodka, both directly with key retail accounts and through the distributor sales organization. Develops a working relationship with all sales divisions that commands respect, builds confidence, and establishes credibility for the brand in the marketplace. Develop sales goals, objectives, and incentives for the brand. Responsibilities include calls on key accounts on their own and with distributor representatives. The position requires a self-motivated, organized, energetic, creative, ambitious person who can thrive in a demanding, start-up, fast-paced, and fun environment.
- Regional Sales Territory Management. Impact regional markets to increase volume sold within target accounts.
- Key Account Relationship Management and Coverage (both on- and off-premise accounts).
- Responsible for account placement, expansion, and maintenance in the territory. Lead product placement, brand education, presentations to new accounts, and key contacts in coordination with the local distributor.
- Work with key distributor salespeople and managers in the assigned territory to help motivate them to improve the promotion of Frankly Organic Vodka.
- Establish and maintain a regular weekly schedule of account appointments, including sales calls, work-withs and distributor meetings.
- Regularly attend selected on-premise promotional events to oversee, assist, and evaluate the quality of the promotion.
- Regularly scheduled work-withs with sales reps/mgrs. Conduct brand training for distributor employees.
- Work with the team on short and long-term forecasting.
- Manage inventory of products at the distributor, including rotation and new products.
- Ensure all sales efforts comply with state laws.
Regional Retail Chain Selling & Planning:
- Develop regional sales goals, objectives, and incentives for the brand. Develop and manage individual annual business plans for each key regional chain, including the account’s SWOT, distribution gaps, store-level opportunities, and specific programming presentations.
- Perform the processes necessary to gain regional authorization, proper pricing, and shelf space within national and regional off-premise chains.
- Responsible for communicating and coordinating with distributor sales management and field marketing to ensure proper wholesaler execution.
- Responsible for coordinating efforts between national chain managers and regional offices as they pertain to local or regional sales execution.
- Establish and maintain an effective call point schedule for all assigned accounts.
- Grow brand presence within existing accounts.
- Understand negotiating tactics and variations within channels.
Promotions ~ Merchandising:
- Maintain proper brand positioning to standard. Guiding proper shelf management positions.
- Assist in executing impactful promotions and educational presentations, both independently and with team members, at on-premise accounts.
- Schedule and coordinate sampling events at select off-premise accounts.
- Assist with driving the development and growth of the Frankly Organic Vodka brand nationally through participation in localized food, sport, and music event sampling programs in key markets, experiential marketing activations, and press~influencer events.
- Responsible for strategic programming to encourage product trial, brand awareness, and consumer acquisition/retention.
- 7+ years' senior-level beverage industry sales experience with proven success in distributor programs and sales strategies.
- Track record of chain account distribution.
- Southern Glazer's Wine & Spirits Distributor experience preferred.
- Ability to formulate account/territory strategies and execute against them.
- Demonstrates strong leadership selling, time management, public speaking skills.
- Must possess excellent communication and presentation skills; be able to overcome obstacles, execute on projects thoroughly, and be an ambassador of our brand.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and work in a fast-paced environment.
- Detail-oriented and organized; excellent project management skills.
- Strong customer service, interpersonal and communication skills.
- Salary plus commission
- Auto Allowance
- Three weeks company paid vacation
- 11 paid holidays
- Health Insurance