Director of Sales - West
GEN Z Water
GEN Z Water serves as an easy-to-replace fallback to a favorite Hydro Flask and a fantastical escape from stressful lives. At GEN Z, we shun the aspirational images and impossible standards of legacy brands and reject the overwhelming use of damaging single use plastic. GEN Z is in the business of fun, not waste. We believe happiness is a human right and it doesn’t require you to be a certain age, body type, social class or any of the other things you see many water brands pushing as part of their image. GEN Z is just plain water, bottled in a refillable and infinitely recyclable aluminum bottle. Our fantastical branding is a moment of reprieve, with quirky critters, ironic copy, and “post-marketing” self-awareness.
What to expect:
Director of Sales - West will have responsibility for all aspects of sales and distribution in the Western US. The DSM will report to the Head of Sales, oversee sales professionals and work with other members of our team to grow GEN Z Water. The role requires someone with excellent interpersonal and direct marketing/sales skills, who can work autonomously, take initiative, stay extremely organized, and oversee and lead a small team.
- Oversee and manage the wholesale division, working with our distributors to grow our brand
- Manage, lead and motivate a team of sales professionals, including setting and monitoring goals and sales directives to drive revenue in representatives' designated territories
- Provide brand direction and insight, including brand performance objectives, category and segment insights, and other analyses as requested by management
- Manage pricing, forecasting, distributor orders and inventory in your area
- Identify key markets for expansion. Research, interview and make recommendations for new wholesale partners to expand the reach of our brands in the Western region
- Develop regional customer relationships, particularly in chain placement
- Respond to and resolve wholesaler issues and concerns
- Present in weekly sales meetings (virtual) to review sales data and update the team about your territory - sales, inventory, market activity, events, etc.
- Work with and support company management on special projects as needed, including attendance at industry events and conferences
- Minimum 3 years experience working in the beverage space (non-alcoholic experience preferred)
- Management experience preferred
- Flexible schedule that allows travel to visit new prospects and existing clients
- Preferred--a deep understanding of tardigrade attributes; accepted--a causal association with water bears
- Ability to multitask while out of office so as to avoid operational interruptions
- Excellent verbal, written and organization skills. Order accuracy and recordkeeping must be maintained without supervision
- Ability to write professional email correspondence and to design and deliver an engaging and convincing oral presentation of our brand.
- Passion for finding a solution and trying things in a different way to find a solution
- Accepting applicants who have owned a flip phone
- Knowledge of Microsoft Powerpoint, Microsoft Excel, Google Docs
- Experience with HubSpot preferred
- Have other social media platforms downloaded on phone besides LinkedIn and Facebook
- A professional work style that is always polite, punctual, reliable and collaborative
- Ability to perform physical activities required by the job duties. Including occasionally lifting and moving up to 65lbs individually and greater weights with assistance
- Ability to meet standards of physical examination and substance abuse testing, if required
- Must live in Southern California area
- If you happen to be an artistic sea anemone, a jungle-dweller who juggles, or an ocean creature with exceptional fashion sense, please apply immediately.