Chief Financial Officer
Sycamore Brewing is a rapidly growing and award winning brewery located In Charlotte, NC. We are on pace to become the largest NC born brewery in 2022, and we need a talented Chief Financial Officer to join our team. With all of the energy and opportunity ahead of our company, this CFO role will be challenging, exciting, and rewarding.
We consider the evolution of this role to begin with a hands-ons, sleeves-rolled-up engagement with our numbers and controls and organically transition into a strategic position with company leadership. Sycamore is a lean, high-functioning company and the opportunities to contribute are great for the right individual.
If this opportunity intrigues and excites you, please reach out with your resume and a brief cover letter. We look forward to discussing the role in further detail with the right candidates.
Beverage manufacturing experience/knowledge is a big plus but not necessary.
The Chief Financial Officer (CFO) is responsible for the planning, implementation, managing and running of all the finance activities of the company, including business planning, budgeting, forecasting and negotiations.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Oversees accounting, budget preparation, audit, and tax functions
· Directs the preparation of all financial statements, including income statements, balance sheets, profitability reports, tax returns, and governmental agency reports.
· Compares sales and profit projections to actual figures and budgeted expenses to actual expenses; makes or oversees any necessary adjustments to future projections and budgets.
· Reviews planning process and suggests improvements to current methods.
· Analyzes operations to identify areas in need of reorganization, downsizing, or elimination.
· Works with and other executives to coordinate planning and establish priorities for the planning process.
· Studies long-range economic trends and projects their impact on future growth in sales and market share.
· Identifies opportunities for expansion into new product areas.
· A Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance
· 5+ years of previous accounting, finance, or other equivalent professional experience.
· Objective-oriented, focused, individual who needs little direction or supervision; energy and enthusiasm are critical.
· Excellent organizational skills.
· Financially responsible individual who knows how to manage budgets.
· Excellent communication skills, particularly verbal, including strong presentation skills.
This is a self-directed position that requires the employee to efficiently accomplish the primary objectives independently and with very little day-to-day supervision. We are comfortable with a remote working situation for the right individual.