Manager, Supply Chain & Customer Logistics
JOB TITLE: Manager, Supply Chain & Customer Logistics
JOB DESCRIPTION: The Manager, Supply Chain & Customer Logistics will be responsible for managing relationships with all packaging and ingredients vendors, lead on all procurement-related activities, and oversee all outbound shipments to our distributor partners. This role will report into the Chief Operating Officer.
This is an incredible opportunity to get in on the ground-floor of one of the fastest-growing RTD alcoholic beverage brands in the country. This role is perfect for someone early in their career who is excited to get their hands dirty in a startup and establish systems and processes that ensure the operations function runs smoothly.
PRIMARY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
Supply Chain / Procurement
- Serve as main point of contact for all of our ingredients and packaging vendors
- Ensure adequate quantity of raw materials are on hand at our co-packer in a timely manner; place all POs with vendors and track all orders through to delivery to our co-packer and/or warehouse
- Track and maintain vendor price lists, lead times by vendor and item, expected and actual delivery dates by order, regulatory documentation, and other relevant purchasing information.
- Actively participate in regular S&OP meetings to understand customer demands and priorities, and to identify operational risks / opportunities
- Provide forward-looking projections to suppliers in order to secure raw material availability and pricing; Assist in negotiating favorable business terms, pricing, and value-add from vendors.
- Identify the right vendors (quality, pricing, capacity, payment terms, etc.) for our next phase of growth as well as ways to reduce costs and increase efficiency
- Ensure inventory levels are optimal and provide sufficient coverage to meet forecasted demands
- Monitor Inventory levels to mitigate shortage / surplus risks
- Provide finished and raw goods inventory counts as part of monthly close process
- Investigate and correct discrepancies found between procurement and receival activities and accounting records
Logistics / Fulfillment
- Oversee the logistics of fulfilling distributor purchase orders and work with finance team to ensure distributors are billed properly and in a timely fashion
- Determine best warehousing and shipping solutions for company as we scale
- Work with distributor procurement teams to optimize freight
- Work with Finance to ensure proper coding, invoicing, and closing out of purchase orders.
- 2-4 years of successful experience in Supply Chain and/or manufacturing operations, including: production planning, procurement, scheduling, inventory control, sales order fulfillment, or product distribution and shipment
- Experience in beverage preferred – specifically canned beverage
- Must be extremely proficient with Microsoft Excel / Google Sheets
- Experience working with an ERP system (bonus points if Orchestra)
- Strong negotiation and communication skills; must be comfortable working with everyone from executive team members to warehouse workers
- Must pair a strong attention to detail with an ability to zoom out and develop processes and systems that enable the product operations function to scale
- Experience dealing with global supply chains and managing dozens of partners and vendors
- Comfortable with basics of accrual accounting and experience doing inventory accounting / valuation
- Is curious, constantly questions the way things are done in a constructive manner and thrives on change that improves results
- Competitive Salary
- Equity Package
- Work from Anywhere
- Medical, Vision, Dental Insurance