Sales Manager, Grocery & Alt Channels
Jeni's Splendid Ice Creams
It’s critical that the Sales Manager, Grocery & Alt Channels have a proactive approach to sales development – addressing day-to-day operating issues, providing strategic input, leading and finding new customer opportunities. They will be involved in personal account selling with key areas of focus across a variety of fronts -- key account management, in-store execution, planning and forecasting, new product launch plans, marketing & trade programs, test & learn, identifying channel go-to-market strategies including broker partners, & the ability to drive significant distribution gains. We are a small but mighty team which requires a lot of hands-on involvement and team collaboration in the management and strategic growth of our business. All company activities must be done in a way that underscores the social mission of Jeni’s Splendid Ice Creams.
- Take full ownership of all assigned customers, and execute against performance expectations to influence distribution, merchandising, shelving, and pricing objectives.
- Manage relationships with key account buyers and supporting teams in the territory. The majority of this role will be to manage key grocery customers with the opportunity to drive new growth and test & learn strategies with C-Store, Food Service, & Delivery Partners
- Achieve volume targets within authorized funding
- Collaborate cross-functionally to build strategic annual support plans (trade, shopper marketing, coolers, items, etc) across retail customers
- Develop and maintain sales forecast to ensure optimal order fulfillment
- Conduct store-level audits (“live” or virtual) to ensure adherence of merchandising standards and execution of promotional programming. Ensure that all coolers and POS are being utilized effectively in the marketplace.
- Leverage data tools to uncover key insights and build effective sales presentations that will allow us to optimize the business and drive sales.
- Identify and attend trade shows and other events to represent the brand and develop sales opportunities. Build connections with key individuals and form meaningful and impactful relationships that benefit the Jeni’s brand (from consumers to buyers and everyone in between).
Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Marketing or related field. Graduate degree a plus.
2-4 years CPG experience with direct key account or channel responsibility. Mission-based selling background appreciated.
Established relationships and demonstrated success working with key retail accounts.
Strong planning & organizational skills along with excellent interpersonal, written/oral communication and presentation skills, including full competence with Microsoft Office (Excel, PowerPoint, Word and Outlook) and Google Workspace.
Has demonstrated success delivering aggressive sales goals and originating strategic initiatives. Comfortable with contract pricing discussions and ability to negotiate.
Ideally, experience in both large and small companies, thereby possessing the vision for elements of a highly successful larger enterprise balanced with a more hands-on approach.
Foundational experiences in trade marketing, category management, sales planning and/or brand marketing.
Proven ability to work independently, as well as collaboratively. A roll-up the sleeves, can-do attitude and demonstrated ability to excel in a fast-paced entrepreneurial environment.
Experience with grocery is required. Experience in alternate channels a plus.
Highly adaptable & resourceful. Pioneering spirit.
Proficient in data tools (SPINS, Nielsen, Retailer Portal) & trade analytics.
Ability to travel for customer meetings and trade shows
Jeni's is an equal opportunity employer. Said our way, we love and honor differences, and we love sharing common values such as talent, hustle, guts, resilience, and empathy. Our differences are a primary source of our team's strength and we crave having a team rich with diversity which is creativity and art in its human form.