Reporter covering the food/beverage industries
BevNET.com, Inc. is the leading media company serving the non-alcoholic beverage, craft beer, and natural foods industries.
As an industry hub for these communities, we produce subscriber streaming content, industry conferences and publish three websites that produce news daily, as well as a print magazine, video content, and podcasts.
While we've been in business for over 25 years, BevNET is still a young company that works hard and has fun doing it. Our offices (when we go there) are casual and laid back with the latest food, beverage, beer and spirits products flowing in daily. Our editorial team is tightly knit and is focused on producing high quality content on a daily basis and operates in a journalistically independent environment.
We are looking to add two experienced reporters to our growing editorial team covering two of the most dynamic industries in the country: food and beverage.
The new reporters will write news, features, and profiles on the entrepreneurial food and beverage business as well as contribute to our live events and video content.
This is a great opportunity for a journalist to dig into stories in a fun and engaging industry backed by a highly committed news organization and its enthusiastic audience.
- Contribute mix of breaking news stories, features, and investigative stories for web and print magazine, covering the companies and forces shaping food and beverage consumer packaged goods (CPG)
- Stories are aimed at an audience that includes entrepreneurs, investors, distributors, suppliers, retailers, policymakers and employees within the industry
- Contribute to conferences and other live and recorded events; source ideas and moderate panels and discussions
- Locate art elements to support stories
- Update brand and contact information in our company database
The ideal candidate will have:
- Bachelor's degree or higher
- 3-5 years of reporting experience, with a variety of long- and short-form stories; experience covering business is a plus
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Commitment to accurate reporting and high-quality storytelling
- Curiosity, passion, attention to detail and entrepreneurial drive
- Self-Starter who can develop own sources and experts for story leads and commentary
- Knowledge of WordPress, Asana, G-Suite, and other technical tools for team and project collaboration
- Strong research skills and thorough knowledge of journalistic standards, ethics, and AP Style
- Strong focus on deadlines and a self-starter capable of getting a jump on stories; strong sense of personal responsibility and ability to work with teammates
- Eye toward multimedia storytelling and matching best communications channel with content effectively
This is a trade publication, not a cooking show or a consumer web site; while there’s a lot of free food and drink in the office, it’s not a connoisseur site or an opportunity to write about your last meal or why bacon is awesome.
Due to the COVID-19 Pandemic, BevNET is working in a hybrid remote/on-site fashion for now; reporters should have ability to commute to either our Newton, MA or San Diego, Calif. offices.
Visa sponsorship is not available for the position.
New hires must be vaccinated against COVID-19.