Director of Product, Beverages
Bevi is on a mission to disrupt the beverage supply chain and replace single-use water bottles with smart water machines. Thousands of companies use Bevi to sustainably provide their employees with pure, sparkling, and flavored water at work. As the market leader in IoT-enabled beverage machines, we’ve raised over $60M in venture capital and we have grown tremendously each year since launch. In addition to maintaining hypergrowth with our current product line, Bevi is heavily investing in new product development.
This Director of Product role will manage Bevi’s entire beverage portfolio – setting strategy, defining the roadmap and regularly executing new beverage launches. This role reports to Bevi’s Chief Product Officer. It’s a cross-functional position, interfacing with every department within Bevi. This person will work particularly close with product managers for hardware (machines) and software (cloud and device), and Bevi’s Director of Beverage R&D.
As Director of Product Management for beverages, you will:
- Manage the product roadmap for flavors, enhancements, and water - taking products from concept to launch all the way through end-of-life.
- Own commercial success measures for the whole beverage category, e.g. usage, revenue, and gross profit.
- Routinely interview customers and distributors to gain insight into why certain beverage products are or are not finding success, using insights to inform new beverage products.
- Drive beverage consumption by studying data from our thousands of internet-connected machines to determine what factors maximize usage per machine and implement detailed plans to drive these factors. (Initiatives here span marketing, sales, software features and more)
- Define how to price and position our beverages against the competitive landscape of both bottled drinks and other point-of-use machines.
- Develop and implement the go-to-market plan for each new flavor or enhancement.
- MBA from top-tier academic program, or a comparable general management set of experiences.
- 8+ years of professional experience, at least some of which should be in a high-growth start-up, and some of which should be in a company with physical products (electronics, CPG, etc.).
- User research skills – the capacity to gain useful insights from observing and interviewing customers and the ability to turn those insights into actions.
- Strong quantitative analytical skills, with the technical ability to crunch millions of data points from thousands of machines, and the insight to figure out which parameters matter most.
- Experience developing and refining marketing personas (of buyers, users, etc.) based on quantitative and qualitative research.
- Strong general management skills – the ability to set ambitious KPIs and own an action plan to hit them. Experience owning a P&L is a plus.
- Excellent soft skills – many of the results of this position will be owned by other departments.