Shopper / In Field Marketing Manager
Phocus is seeking a highly motivated, energetic individual to join its Marketing team as a Shopper Marketing Manager that will be responsible for the development of our brand street team, developing & executing shopper marketing programs both online and in-store that create awareness, trial and purchase intent across key retailers.
This individual is accountable for the development of the Phocus brand team across key markets and working with sales to identify key stores to develop sampling campaigns. In addition, this individual is responsible for the development of creative briefs, execution, post-program analysis and identifying competitive in-market programs and trends to create in-store awareness and purchasing
The ideal candidate has experience with a CPG brand, retail marketing, and has supported marketing across traditional retail and eCommerce. They must be dedicated, proactive, and a drive to build the brand through results. Phocus is located in Louisville, KY, but this role can be remote and ideal location would be in the Northeast (NY, CT, PA, MA) or Southeast (FL, GA, SC)
- You have a growth mindset and enjoy learning new skills
- You enjoy the idea of doing something new
- You have an ownership mentality
- You believe in taking action and creating results, not making excuses
- You enjoy fast paced environments and are able to thrive ambiguity
- You want to be surrounded by other high achievers who push you to be your best
- You are passionate about helping build a company and a brand
- You have the ability to think strategically, creative and outside the box
- Develop shopper marketing programs that deliver on Phocus brand and goals (i.e. in-store displays, POP displays, retail marketing assets and brand trial team)
- Lead eRetail online channels to achieve retail sales goals through search, display and other performance tactics (Kroger, Publix, Instacart, etc)
- Works with creative team to deliver successful execution of shopper marketing programs
- Ensure retail team has top-notch, engaging POS marketing assets to in-store displays and shelf marketing
- Launch Brand trial team, including recruitment, hiring, onboarding, and management of ambassadors.
- Identify and pursue opportunities for 3rd party sampling
- Responsible for developing customer-specific presentations of relevant consumer insights, competitive responses, and new item/category selling strategies.
- Provide insights and tactic evaluation to expand into new channels
- Program sponsorship and partnership development
Education / Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Business or a related field
- At least 3+ years managing field marketing programs for consumer packaged goods (food or beverage preferred)
- Experience leading field marketing program with 20+ participants
- Experience recruiting, onboarding, scheduling, and managing direct reports that are remote
- Experience ideating and developing retail sales displays & POS assets
- Previous experience working across Digital Media and Ecommerce
- Great outgoing personality
- Self-starter but able to take direction, ability to work both independently and as a team player
- Graphic design capabilities a plus
- Ability to travel up to 15%
- Competitive base salary
- Company-sponsored health plan
- Free product!
Seniority Level: Manager
Employment Type: Full-time
Job Functions: Manager / Sales
Phocus supplies a premium line of naturally energizing sparkling waters. Each sparkling water flavor contains 75mg of caffeine from tea and is infused with the naturally occurring, mood boosting amino acid L-theanine which is specially formulated to provide an even, smooth release of energy. Phocus contains zero calories, sugars, sodium, or sweeteners, as part of its commitment to keeping drinkers fueled and focused with nothing bad so they can ‘phocus’ on the good. Phocus is currently available nationwide in Cola, Grapefruit, Blood Orange, Yuzu & Lime, Cucumber, Peach and Natural flavors. For more information and specific retail locations, please visit www.DrinkPhocus.com.