Regional Sales Manager, West
Honey Mama’s mission is to offer body-loving, heart-healthy foods that naturally stimulate well-being and are out of this world delicious. We strive to create relationships internally and with all of our suppliers and customers that circulate joy, gentleness and reverence.
You are eager to continue your career in Sales as part of a rapidly-growing natural foods brand. You are a self-starter who thrives in a small team environment, appreciates hard work, and embraces heart-driven values. You enjoy collaborating with teammates, as well as working independently. You know and understand the mission behind Honey Mama’s and take pride in being a key team member responsible for growing the brand.
Founded in 2013, Honey Mama’s is a mission-driven consumer brand dedicated to empowering the quest for vitality as the healthy indulgence leader in CPG. Our flagship refrigerated cocoa truffle bars are available in more than 3,000 retail locations nationwide and online at Amazon and Honey Mamas.com. At Honey Mama’s, you will find a high-energy, fast-paced team that thrives on collaboration and celebrating one another’s wins along our journey toward bringing more joy to the world with every delicious treat we make.
What You Will Do
Our explosive growth requires an expert to support and grow DSD partnerships for the brand as well manage key regional retailers in the West through traditional distribution channels. The Sales Manager will manage all existing and opportunity retailers and DSD partners delivering on Honey Mama’s revenue, creating trial, and driving awareness
Who You Will Work With?
As a member of the Honey Mama’s Sales Team, the individual in this role will report to the Senior Sales Manager for the West/Natural Channel and work closely with Honey Mama’s distributor and merchandising partners in the West region. This role will call for collaboration within the Honey Mama’s Sales Team, as well as cross-departmental communication with the Marketing and Operations teams as needed.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
- Lead and manage all DSD opportunities on the West Coast expanding Honey Mama’s beyond the Natural and Conventional Channel.
- Present to buyers and seek HQ opportunities with assigned key regional grocery accounts. Partner with retail broker and lead account promotional planning, forecasting, manage trade spend, and planning shopper marketing activities.
- Manage existing and establish new DSD partnerships. Schedule quarterly ride alongs, lead check-in calls, create annual promotional plans, approve placement deals. Review and analyze distributor shipment reports and inventory levels. Identify and fill voids at existing accounts. Optimize on-shelf assortment, pricing, promos.
- Determine viable in-store marketing opportunities and collaborate with the Honey Mama’s Marketing team to budget and execute.
- Champion in-store excellence for the company through collaboration with DSD & merchandising team(s), and regularly scheduled store/merchandising visits.
- Provide onsite support for Honey Mama’s Demo/Brand Ambassador and/or lead demos as needed.
- Support the Senior Sales Manager with other West opportunities and key sales team initiatives.
- Approximately 5 years of relevant experience
- Passion for products supporting health and nutrition for an emerging brand in CPG
- Experience managing retail accounts in the West region partnering with brokers and national distributors
- Experience leading DSD managing grocery accounts in the West
- Demonstrated exceptional sales results in past sales roles
- Ability to set and manage one’s own day-to-day schedule without super close oversight from supervisor
- Strong interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills
- Strong data analytics skills. Ability to decipher distribution reports and consumption data
- Flexibility to adapt / desire to take on more responsibilities as company grows
- Ability to collaborate with supervisor, teammates, and cross-functional teams
- Ability and excitement to travel for meetings, tradeshows, and to HQ office (if remote)
- Familiarity and proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite
- High degree of emotional intelligence and ability to positively influence others
- Desire to operate in a small company environment as a key member of a hungry sales team