Senior Sales Manager
Honey Mama’s mission is to offer body-loving, heart-healthy foods that naturally stimulate well-being and are out of this world delicious. We strive to create relationships internally and with all of our suppliers and customers that circulate joy, gentleness and reverence.
You are eager to continue your career in Sales as part of a rapidly-growing natural foods brand. You are a self-starter who thrives in a small team environment, appreciates hard work, and embraces heart-driven values. You enjoy collaborating with teammates, as well as working independently. You know and understand the mission behind Honey Mama’s and take pride in being a key team member responsible for growing the brand.
Founded in 2013, Honey Mama’s is a mission-driven consumer brand dedicated to empowering the quest for vitality as the healthy indulgence leader in CPG. Our flagship refrigerated cocoa truffle bars are available in more than 3,000 retail locations nationwide and online at Amazon and Honey Mamas.com. At Honey Mama’s, you will find a high-energy, fast-paced team that thrives on collaboration and celebrating one another’s wins along our journey toward bringing more joy to the world with every delicious treat we make.
What You Will Do
Our explosive growth requires a dynamic leader to champion these newer channels for the brand, driving a strategy for growth and execution of all business development activities. The Senior Sales Manager will manage all existing and opportunity retailers and partners within the Food Service, Convenience, Travel and Alternative Channels, delivering on Honey Mama’s revenue, creating trial and driving awareness.
Who You Will Work With?
As a member of the Honey Mama’s Sales Team, the individual in this role will report to the VP of Sales and work closely with Honey Mama’s broker and distributor partners across the US. This role will call for collaboration within the Honey Mama’s Sales Team, as well as cross-departmental communication with the Marketing/Digital, Manufacturing and Finance teams as needed.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
- Identify, pursue, onboard and develop new retail and distribution partnerships in the Food Service and Alt Channel space (including but not limited to fast casual, coffee shops, higher education and corporate campuses)
- Work with VP of Sales to establish a strategic roadmap for the channels, identifying top priority accounts for success
- Develop and implement key account and distributor promotional programs in line with Sales & Marketing brand plans
- Analyze and leverage data to drive new points of distribution with retailers and efficient ordering/inventory management with distributors
- Build strong relationships with any existing broker, distributor, and merchandiser partners, as well as seeking new broker partnerships where revenue opportunities exist
- Execute brand’s innovation, promotional and pricing initiatives
- Actively participate in customer and industry trade shows
- 6-10+ years of experience in sales, specifically within the Food Service CPG space
- Passion for products supporting health and nutrition
- Experience with one or more break out brands and/or companies that have seen success in the Food Service, C-store and/or Travel Channels
- Experience managing and onboarding new accounts, brokers, and distributors within these channels
- Demonstrated exceptional sales results in past roles
- Strong data analytics skills for consumption and shipment reporting, ROI analysis, trade and budget management
- Experienced in utilizing Nielsen, SPINS, retailer POS and other data sources to drive fact-based selling and account decisions
- Direct management of sales planning and forecasting
- Ability to collaborate with supervisor, teammates, and cross-functional teams
- Ability, openness and excitement to travel for customer meetings, industry shows, as well as periodic trips to Portland, OR HQ
- Desire to operate in a start-up environment as a key role on a small, hungry sales team
- Creative thinker with leadership, drive and a positive attitude
- Flexibility to adapt / desire to take on more responsibilities as company grows
- Ability to thrive in a remote office environment, setting and managing one’s own day-to-day schedule without super close oversight from supervisor
- Strong interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skill