Regional Sales Manager, Northeast
Honey Mama’s mission is to offer body-loving, heart-healthy foods that naturally stimulate well-being and are out of this world delicious. We strive to create relationships internally and with all of our suppliers and customers that circulate joy, gentleness and reverence.
You are eager to continue your career in Sales as part of a rapidly-growing natural foods brand. You are a self-starter who thrives in a small team environment, appreciates hard work, and embraces heart-driven values. You enjoy collaborating with teammates, as well as working independently. You know and understand the mission behind Honey Mama’s and take pride in being a key team member responsible for growing the brand.
Founded in 2013, Honey Mama’s is a mission-driven consumer brand dedicated to empowering the quest for vitality as the healthy indulgence leader in CPG. Our flagship refrigerated cocoa truffle bars are available in more than 3,000 retail locations nationwide and online at Amazon and Honey Mamas.com. At Honey Mama’s, you will find a high-energy, fast-paced team that thrives on collaboration and celebrating one another’s wins along our journey toward bringing more joy to the world with every delicious treat we make.
What You Will Do
The NE Regional Sales Manager will manage all independents and chains in NYC Metro and the greater tri-state area. This role will be critical in expanding distribution, increasing brand awareness, and ensuring success in the northeast, with a primary focus on NYC Metro to start.
Who You Will Work With?
As a member of the Honey Mama’s Sales Team, the NE Regional Sales Manager will report to the Senior Sales Manager for Central/East and work closely with Honey Mama’s distributor and merchandising partners in the northeast. This role will call for collaboration within the Honey Mama’s Sales Team, as well as cross-departmental communication with the Marketing and Operations teams as needed.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
- Manage and grow all independent & chain accounts in NYC metro and the tri-state area in partnership with Rainforest DSD and third-party merchandising groups.
- Develop optimal market strategy and drive sales to meet quarterly and annual targets.
- Champion in-store excellence for the brand and determine viable marketing opportunities.
- Provide onsite support for Honey Mama’s Demos / Brand Ambassador as needed.
- Passion for products supporting health and nutrition
- Experience with one or more break out brands: companies that have successfully moved from natural foods to conventional and nationwide distribution
- Experience managing retail accounts in the NE region, at both the store level and with HQ buyer
- Demonstrated exceptional sales results in past sales roles
- Ability to set and manage one’s own day-to-day schedule without super close oversight from supervisor
- Strong interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills
- Strong data analytics skills
- Flexibility to adapt / desire to take on more responsibilities as company grows
- Ability to collaborate with supervisor, teammates, and cross-functional teams
- Ability and excitement to travel within/around NYC and the broader NE region, as well as periodic trips to Portland HQ
- Familiarity and proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite
- Relevant experience directly managing / interacting with CPG retailers & distributors, particularly DSD groups
- High degree of emotional intelligence and ability to positively influence others
- Desire to operate in a start-up environment as a key role on a small, hungry sales team