Spirits Sales Director
New Holland Brewing Co.
Spirits Sales Director
New Holland Brewing Company has an exciting opportunity for a Spirits Sales Director to help grow New Holland Spirits sales across multiple product lines. We are looking for an experienced team member with 5+ years working with a beverage supplier or wholesaler. Experience working directly with national chain retail, and with first hand knowledge of three-tier system and its legal requirements, and an extensive knowledge or spirit styles and pairs.
What we offer you
- An innovative, growing company in our industry.
- A strong culture: one that is guided by our Mission, Vision and Values.
- A collaborative, caring, creative and engaging place to work.
The Spirits Sales Director is responsible for growing overall spirits sales, managing our spirits market presence with chain/key regional accounts and supporting our wholesalers. The Spirits Sales Director is responsible for growing sales, distribution, and account relationships of multiple spirit product lines in high volume/potential accounts through active market presence, sales calls, and programming. This position will assist the Spirits Marketing team in creation and execution of volume/velocity driving retail programs and manage the day-to-day wholesaler relationships.
What you would do
- Achieve overall Spirits monthly/annual sales, revenue and distribution goals.
- Relationship building and sales at key accounts/chain accounts.
- Management of multiple spirits wholesale networks across all product lines.
- Brand presentation and support at wholesale and key retail accounts.
- Weekly communication of activity with VP Sales and appropriate New Holland leadership.
- Develop and execute retail chain programming.
- Create focused and attainable wholesale programs to drive New Holland Spirits (NHS) distribution.
- Accurately forecast volume needed for chain/key account programming and work with wholesalers to ensure needed inventory is available.
- Seek out and identify key high volume driving opportunities in key accounts.
- Responsible for controlling and managing spend budget targets for spirits category.
- Assessing and reporting market trends and brand performance.
- Ensure that New Holland’s culture and vision is accurately represented.
- Possible future management of Spirits Sales Team (no direct people management at this time).
- Perform other job duties as assigned.
What you offer us
- Personable, professional and presentable in public and social settings.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- An active listener.
- Self-motivated and can work from home.
- Competitive personality and success-driven approach.
- Adept at organizing, meeting deadlines, and multi-tasking.
- Valid Driver’s License & capable vehicle.
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Have good hearing and vision.
- Repeatedly climb stairs and perform bending motions.
- Ability to stand for up to six hours per day and sit at a desk for prolonged periods of time.
- Stamina to work up to 10 hours per day.
- Direct work experience with a Beverage Supplier or Wholesaler of five years or more.
- Experience working directly with national chain retail accounts.
- Firsthand knowledge of three-tier system and its legal requirements.
- Extensive knowledge of spirit styles and pairings.
- Knowledge of national chain account needs and alcohol beverage category business drivers.
- Ability to work nights and weekends.
At New Holland Brewing Company, we are on a mission to enhance the quality of people’s lives.
New Holland Brewing Company’s vision is to create savored moments for the world.
Believe * Own * Engage * Lead * Act with Integrity * Care
How your job supports the mission
- Grow New Holland Spirits sales across multiple product lines.
- Provide high level of service to spirits business partners which enhance their lives.
- Build and execute Spirits Chain retail programs which drive consumers to New Holland Spirits products.
Summary of a typical day
- Conduct multiple sales calls on key chain and retail accounts.
- Planning and forecasting for chain market needs and opportunities.
- Wholesaler and chain support for all day-to-day spirits needs.
Reports To: Vice President of Sales