Production Manager & Logistics
Salt Point Co.
The Production Manager and Logistics will lead and be responsible for all canned cocktail production and logistics. With a focus on quality operations, this role will oversee all manufacturing and shipping logistics including managing three co-packers and source product materials to help scale the Salt Point Canned Cocktails business. In addition, the Production Manager will handle logistics in between production runs to ensure efficient shipping and on-time deliver to distributors across the US.
- Overseeing, scheduling, supporting, motivating and providing guidance to all production staff/co-packers
- Ensure all safety measures and quality assurance/health standards are in place and rigorously followed
- Communicate regularly with management regarding any issues impacting production
- Setting quality standards, performing quality control and set productivity goals to ensure continuous production and maximized efficiency for quality standards.
- Develop continuous improvement policies and procedures as needed to ensure quality product
- Oversee ingredient ordering and material ordering for on-time productions schedules within budgets
- Helping to develop forecasting and budgeting for production. Working alongside finance team to stay on budget.
- Overseeing freight logistics for freight in to Salt Point warehouse in CA and to distributor partners’ warehouses.
- Ensure shipping to distributor partners is efficient and maximizing profit
- Follows Good Manufacturing Practices and regulatory guidelines
Bachelor’s degree preferred, over 21 years of age
Worked in a beverage manufacturing location or managed production and logistics previously.
Highly organized and detail oriented
- Work from your home office. Must travel to San Diego, Idaho and Michigan for production days quarterly.
- All basic office supplies (printer paper & ink, etc.) Are reimbursable business expenses except for furniture and fixtures such as desk, filing cabinets, etc. We use a software called Tallie for expenses, which is easy to use and manage expenses through.
- We will have weekly virtual meetings and calls with management.
- Monthly travel and phone allowance
- Medical benefits through Kaiser, the employer covers 50% of the employee’s premium
(medical and dental). Dependents’ premium will be the responsibility of the employee
- Flex vacation policy. 10 business days of notice required when asking for time off. All vacation requests are subject to Manager approval.
- A company-issued tablet/laptop will be purchased for you. The tablet Sunstream Brands, LLC property
- A company-issued all-in-one printer will be purchased for you if you do not already have one. This
will be considered your personal property
- There will be a 2-week in person training and ongoing virtual trainings
Compensation: Salary role. Incentives and Bonus opportunities.