DelMonaco Winery & Vineyards LLC
This position is responsible for oversight of all cellar operations and department staff. Experienced Assistant Winemakers will be considered. Previous cellar management in a production oriented environment is required. We are looking for a team mentor and leader.
Include but not limited to:
- Direct management of all cellar staff to include hiring, training oversight, disciplinary action when required and performance reviews.
- Work within and assure Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s) are followed and revised. Create new documented SOPs as needed.
- Responsible for beverage quality adherence including collecting and documenting operational and QC data as it pertains to product standards.
- Maintenance of recipe updates and assurance the latest fermenting or cellar batch documents are being used.
- Overseeing basic routine preventive maintenance execution for cellar/vineyard staff.
- Trouble shooting and basic repairs of machinery working with Maintenance Dept. to expedite repairs as necessary.
- Performs cleaning activities w/ chemicals and cleaning equipment plus manual cleaning.
- Ability to operate cellar and vineyard equipment.
- Assure maintenance of accurate daily batch records for all cellar production.
- Assist in the day-to-day operations of the cellar, including harvest, bulk wine, bottling, barrel preparation, sanitation, and organization.
- Supervise grape receiving, crushing, processing, and wine production.
- Prepare work orders and conducting bulk and bottled wine inventory.
- Manage the warehouse and ensure a consistent supply of quality product.
- Participate in wine tastings, evaluating wines, and recommending treatment.
- Assist in educational tastings and tours of the wine facility.
- Work with other managers for the success of the team.
- Must be 21 years of age or older
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in a similar position at a winery.
- The ability to perform the physical demands of the position including but not limited to:
Lifting to 55 lbs. repeatedly
Maneuvering up to 165 lbs. keg
Working on feet for up to 10 hours (with breaks of course)
Occasionally needing to bend, kneel, and crouch.
Working in a non-temperature-controlled facility in seasonally warm and cool conditions
- Committed to a safe working environment and adherence to company policies and objectives.
- Committed to maintaining cleanliness and workplace organization to meet rigid quality and safety standards.
- Willingness and ability to be forklift operation certified.
- Ability to build and maintain a great team and effectively cooperate with other functional areas.
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience with computers in a manufacturing setting (e.g., electronic settings, HMI’s, basic troubleshooting i.e. (solving for faults/alarms and resetting equipment, etc.).
- Experience with contributing to schedule development in a safe, quality oriented and efficient manner.
- Passion for maintaining machine cleanliness and workplace organization to meet rigid quality and safety standards.
- High attention to detail in operations and documentation.
- Recipe formulation experience within a wide array of wine styles.
- You enjoy production metric analysis and have a constant eye to continual improvement of your team.
Salaried position, commensurate with experience and qualifications. In addition to competitive base pay, we also offer a strong benefits program that includes:
Vacation pay after first year of work.
Health, Dental, Vision, Disability and Life Insurance
Bonus based on percentage of increased business.
About DelMonaco Winery & Vineyards:
Founded in 2008, owners built the facility and developed the land to a productive vineyard. The company has grown to a 5,000+ case per year facility and looking to double in size over the next 18 months. Finally, as a DelMonaco Winery & Vineyards team member, your performance will be evaluated on these five critical competencies: Quality, Accountability, Attitude, Teamwork, Customer Service!
(1) We do not pay relocation expenses for this position.
(2) We do not sponsor for this position.
Please submit resume and cover letter with "Winemaker Position” in the subject line to email@example.com. This is an immediate job opening. Thanks for looking and have a great day!
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: Salary based on experience