Chief Marketing Officer
The Alkaline Water Company Inc.
The nation’s largest independent alkaline water company is seeking a seasoned Chief Marketing Officer to join its executive team. This is a tremendous opportunity to join a rapidly growing public company, offering a competitive compensation package including stock options, in addition to the unique opportunity to work with our world-renowned brand ambassador.
This role requires an individual with excellent analytic abilities, outstanding business acumen, and exceptional written and oral communication skills to communicate effectively across multiple teams.
A successful candidate will be a self-starter comfortable with ambiguity, with strong attention to detail, and an ability to work in a fast-paced and ever-changing environment. The ideal candidate will be data-driven and have a strong understanding of marketing KPIs.
Key Responsibilities and Deliverables:
Brand/Business Deep Dive:
Become comprehensively familiar with the business by conducting a complete analysis of sales information, consumer research, category and competitive trends. Marry this analysis with external trends to outline portfolio imperatives to meet the businesses growth agenda.
Develop an overarching brand strategy for the product lines that sharpens the articulation of brand promise, values, personality, and benefits in all context and across all channels.
Conduct a review of current packaging graphics and determine what improvements can be made to deliver on sharpened brand promise.
Refine and cement our customer avatars. Develop a customer experience strategy for increased customer acquisition and retention.
Develop 6-month, 1-year, and 3-year brand plans that include objectives, strategies, key initiatives, product mix, projected impact on volume growth, and resources required (e.g., marketing investment, product/packaging, and innovation).
Marketing Activation Plan:
Develop a tactical marketing plan under an approved marketing budget to build the brand while leveraging our brand ambassador. This plan will include content creation, media considerations, digital, social, in-store POS, and experiential sampling events.
Build and Manage Team:
Build and lead a high-performance marketing team from the ground up while overseeing their development, setting goals, expectations, and performance guidelines. Evaluate current internal and external (agency) team members and then deliver recommendation on future team structure to meet the needs of the business.
Manage Agency/Third-Party Relationships:
Manage KPIs and deliverables and advise the executive team on current and potential partnerships.
Meet with our brand ambassador and their team to quickly develop marketing tactics that immediately leverage our partnership with the ambassador in the short-term, while developing other ideas to maximize the partnership over the long-term.
Oversee all company marketing assets, maintaining budget, brand fidelity, and applicable compliances.
Measure and analyze the performance, outcomes, and impact of all of the above.
Key Performance Indicators:
- Measure sales impact including sales, profits, market share, and velocity
- Measure consumer awareness, trial, and purchase intent
- Evaluate the marketing elements with consumers – are they taking away the main message, improvement on perceptions, and increases on relevance
- New customer acquisition (Iteratively more efficient marketing spend/new customers)
- Existing customer retention
- ROIs on Marketing investment
Education, experience, & requirements:
- BA/BS degree required. MBA is a plus
- Proven track record with a minimum of 8-10 years in an executive level marketing position
- CPG marketing experience required. Beverage experience is a plus
- 10+ years business experience; proven leader of building, leading and managing teams
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Thrives in a fast-paced, high growth environment
- Strong understanding of The Alkaline Water Company’s business model; grounded in the Company’s purpose and values
Compensation & benefits
- Base salary will be in line with market and experience.
- Compensation to include competitive salary, bonus and benefits (healthcare, vision, dental), along with stock options.
About The Alkaline Water Company:
Founded in 2012, The Alkaline Water Company (NASDAQ and CSE: WTER) is headquartered in Scottsdale, Arizona. Its flagship product, Alkaline88®, is a leading premier alkaline water brand available in bulk and single-serve sizes along with eco-friendly aluminum packaging options. With its innovative, state-of-the-art proprietary electrolysis process, Alkaline88® delivers perfect 8.8 pH balanced alkaline drinking water with trace minerals and electrolytes and boasts our trademarked label ‘Clean Beverage.’ Quickly being recognized as a growing lifestyle brand, Alkaline88® launched A88 Infused™ in 2019 to meet consumer demand for flavor-infused products. A88 Infused™ flavored water is available in six unique all-natural flavors.
To purchase Alkaline88® and A88 Flavor Infused products online, visit us at www.alkaline88.com. To learn more about The Alkaline Water Company, please visit www.thealkalinewaterco.com or connect with us on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, or LinkedIn.