Mayflower Brewing Company
Mayflower Brewing Company is looking to hire a head brewer to lead our production team in Plymouth, MA. The Head Brewer is responsible for all aspects of beer production and packaging. These responsibilities include managing employees, managing production and packaging schedules, creating recipes, developing and managing SOPs, managing raw material inventory and performing all phases of the brewing, cellaring and packaging processes. This position reports to the President. This a full-time, salaried position with benefits, including health insurance and PTO.
- Perform and manage all aspects of brewing, including milling in and disposing of grain, producing green beer for fermentation and cleaning and maintaining the brew house.
- Perform or manage all aspects of cellaring, including managing yeast, monitoring and managing fermentation and conditioning, filtering and managing finished beer and cleaning cellar vessels and equipment.
- Develop recipes in conjunction with input from management, production and sales teams.
- Oversee all aspects of packaging, including management and production of packaging materials, cleaning and filling of kegs and casks, and operation and cleaning of the bottling line.
- Manage inventory of raw materials and brewery supplies, including ingredients, packaging materials, chemicals, CO2, etc. Order materials as necessary.
- Develop and manage SOPs, and manage all paperwork related to brewing process and outcomes.
- Manage and train (as necessary) brewing and packaging staff
- Manage brewery equipment and supplies to ensure that the brewery is in good working order. Monitor status, perform maintenance as able and order and monitor repairs when necessary.
- Able to lift, load, unload and move products weighing up to 165 lbs. Repetitive lifting, bending, pulling and pushing. Able to twist, turn, crouch, and squat repeatedly throughout the workday.
- Willingness to learn. Flexibility and enthusiasm for the position. Occasional weekend work may be required, including promotional activity and the brewery and beer events.
- Project a quality product and company image.
- 1-2 years of experience in production brewery or brewpub
- Must be at least 21 years old
- High school diploma or GED required
- Strong organizational skills and work ethic