Technical Sales Adult Alternative Beverage (AAB)
Scott Laboratories, Inc.
As Scott Labs’ Technical Sales – AAB representative for North America, you will be responsible for representing and selling Scott Labs’ Beverage Integrity & Filtration department to the non-wine markets. This includes our world class portfolio of filtration systems and equipment, filter media, and Velcorin® beverage stabilization agent. As the go-to resource for North American filtration customers, you will leverage your own industry knowledge and technical expertise, along with our 85+ years of experience and in-house product experts, to provide the best customer experience possible, expand our reach within your assigned region and accounts, and gain mindshare in the Adult Alternative Beverage (AAB) market.
- Develop the non-wine beverage segment within the BI&F department. The Alternative Adult Beverage segment includes low and no alcohol drinks, beer, distilled spirts, hard seltzer, and functional beverages.
- Work with the department GM to develop and deploy strategies for the AAB market segments
- Support departments' efforts to expand business into new AAB customers
- Build, maintain, and use Salesforce opportunity management
- Support optimization of the product portfolio to suit market demand
- Prioritize corporate and high-volume accounts in AAB sectors for the beverage industry
- Act as the primary contact for education and sales activity with customers on the use of Scott Labs’ products with an emphasis on Velcorin® and filter media
- Participate in SIOP forecasting to reduce stock-outs and increase on-time deliveries
- Directly contact, visit, and support clients in the US and Canada
- Manage key customer accounts
- Provide hands-on training and presentations for use in commercial and educational activities
- Generate market data with marketing department to drive company strategy and tactics
- Attend relevant trade shows
- Conduct commercial production trials to introduce and establish use of our products, namely Velcorin® and filtration media.
- Food industry knowledge is a must, preference given to those with food production experience and understanding of QA/QC programs
- Methodical, curious, and thoughtful
- Organized, innovative and unafraid to take initiative
- Commercial and technical capacity in production of beverage industry products, specifically AAB’s
- Ability to travel nationwide and occasional international travel
- Clear written and oral communication skills and understanding of financial indicators
- Results focused – cares about driving business
- Dramatically increase customer engagement, awareness, and adoption of target products in non-wine market segment
- Consistent expansion of non-wine customers and markets
- Rapid scaling of business in both financial and distinct customer accounts
- Improve the visibility of Scott Labs as a leader in the non-alcohol beverage market
- Support Velcorin® business development and support staff
ABOUT SCOTT LABS:
For over 80 years, Scott Laboratories has been the leading supplier for the North American wine and specialty beverage industry, providing fermentation products, filtration media, equipment, cork and packaging solutions. We have been embedded in the wine community since 1933, where our story starts at the University of California just days prior to the end of Prohibition. Our vision is to provide the best customer experience to the specialty beverage community. Our mission is to advance the long-term success of the specialty beverage community by providing best-in-class products and services. We believe in education, honesty, and doing the right thing.
This is an exciting opportunity to be part of a fantastic, tight-knit team and work for one of the biggest names in the wine and brewing industries. If you’re interested in joining us, we’d love to hear from you!