Sales Director - NYC
Rubsam & Horrmann Brewing Co
WHO WE ARE
Rubsam and Horrmann Brewing Company is a revived (from the 1800s) gypsy brewery based out of Staten Island, NY in its sophomore year of production. We are currently in a transitional phase of shopping for local and national distributors and self distribution and seek a dynamic and experienced self-starter to acquire accounts in the Manhattan, Queens and Brooklyn area. We currently have a core of three year round beers with a monthly “seasonal” release.
WHO YOU ARE
A confident and ambitious individual with a passion for beer and the craft brewing industry. The Sales Manager is the authority on product knowledge, brand positioning and programming in the NYC marketplace, executing brand strategy at the point of connection with the consumer. This position increases the availability and visibility of R&H brands through achieving specific objectives within each account to grow sales and distribution, and educate customers, retailers, and future wholesalers on the brand. The ideal candidate has craft beer sales experience, established NYC area connections within on-premise and retail channels.
A strong base in the following areas as well:
- 5+ years of progressive sales experience and account management in the craft beer industry or equivalent
- Exhibit extensive knowledge of beer, styles, flavors, etc. and general knowledge of the overall brewing processes
- Knowledge of the 3-tier system with the ability to balance between the demands of future wholesaler management and retail execution.
- Knowledge of Goldfinch, SalesForce, Google Workspace
- Must live in greater NYC area and have the ability to travel by car (50% Plus) frequently throughout the market
- Must be minimum of 21 years of age
- Valid driver’s license, clean driving record, reliable source of transportation and insurance in line with our auto policy
- Communicate with the production team to stay on top of market trends and sales needs.
- Skill in distributor inventory management.
- Skill in attention to detail and ability to complete tasks on time and independently.
- Skill in reliability and consistent, strong work ethic.
- Skill in verbal and written communication and presentation.
- Ability to pre-plan on a daily, weekly, and monthly basis and consistently execute plans in a timely manner.
- Ability to demonstrate a strong desire to grow professionally with the company and willingness to learn new skills.
- Takes ownership of one’s work and holds oneself accountable for being present and advancing tasks
- Knowledge of state & federal regulations
MAIN JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
- Territory Planning and Management: Develops, with the Chief Operating Officer and Brewmaster, a territory management structure that ensures that markets, distributors, accounts, and consumers are touched with the appropriate frequency. Market times always include a prepared visit plan that uses anecdotal, VIP, or syndicated data, visits to a defined list of planned accounts, time spent with future distributor reps in work-with settings, and consumer interactions (events, tastings, etc). The Sales Manager is always 100% prepared to sell at all times with samples and support materials.
Specific activities include:
- New Business: Sells in new distribution to all on- and off-premise accounts.
- Velocity: Sells in volume-enhancing signage and programs to accounts and merchandise products where legal.
- Education: Educates future distributors, on and off-premise staff members, and consumers in the territory
- Quality: Physically inspects all products in all settings for freshness and ensures all brewery collateral in the market match brewery Style Guide standards.
- Communication: Writes brief market visit recap emails to Admin & Brewery Team weekly that list achievements and needed follow-up help.
- 80% of time (4 out of every 5 days each week) should be spent with accounts and/or consumers.
- Make 40 or more sales calls per week. Be ready with selling tools in-car or sales bag at all times.
- Document all sales calls after each call, in the company’s Goldfinch system.
- Deliver expense reports on time, follow expense guidelines, and stay under budgeted expense spending.
- Prolonged periods sitting/driving in a car and working on a computer
- The ability to lift up to 35-pound cases and maneuver 165-pound kegs
BENEFITS AND COMPENSATION
- Competitive salary plus quarterly bonuses and incentives
- Generous paid vacation and sick time
- 401(k) plan
- Plus numerous job-related perks