Regional Sales Manager (Western Region)
The Tofurky Company
Come work with Tofurky! We are the Nation’s leading independent manufacturer of plant-based proteins and dairy-free cheeses. Our range of 35+ products can be found in more than 25,000 grocery stores throughout North America, the UK and Australia. We’re on a mission to erase the myth that people have to make a choice between enjoying tasty food OR taking care of themselves and the planet. We can do both.
Tofurky is looking for a Regional Sales Manager (Western Region) to join our team. The Regional Sales Manager (West) is responsible for account management and realization of sales objectives of our plant-based meats and cheeses through the retail CPG channel for both Natural and Conventional grocery clients.
What you’ll do:
Working collaboratively with our National Director of Retail Sales, you’ll blend our organization’s department objectives with North American (US/CA) channel opportunities to achieve budget targets. This position is field-based and publicly represents Tofurky’s brand and products to decision makers in the retail market.
As a keystone member of the sales team, this position requires both excellent interpersonal skills as well as analytical expertise. You will be responsible for digesting and reporting back to Tofurky on Western territory performance, using scan data to evaluate product growth, velocity, trade spend and total program health. In the field, you’ll leverage strong presentation skills to co-prepare and present new item introductions and growth strategies that match client objectives, during key business reviews.
Excellent time management, detailed planning and project tracking skills, as well as a desire for results, will be hallmarks of your working style. Transparency and forecasting as territory business evolves, will cap the success of this position.
- Develop and implement, in coordination with the Director of Retail Sales, annual, quarterly and monthly sales volume and trade spend plans.
- Manage broker performance to achieve growth objectives by providing reporting, accountability, selling tools and training.
- Broaden distribution into all classes of trade and all retail channels.
- Ensure proper in-store merchandising, assortment and execution of item placements and promotional activities.
- Establish retail specific promotional plans for all key customers.
- Present new and existing items to retail and distributor customer base in assigned region.
- Monitor market and retailer activity to develop the most cost-effective strategies to drive volume and profitability through increased account penetration and promotion.
- Develop and use objective tools, information (i.e. SPINS, Retail Portals, TF Sales Report) to plan effective and appropriate account activity.
- Evaluate promotion spending and new distribution Proformas.
- Plan for, participate in, and support trade shows, trade events and major retailer events.
- Forecast sales plan by customer/category and recommend ongoing adjustments.
What skills and education you’ll need:
- 4-year degree in a related field preferred
- 6-8 years of sales experience in the CPG Industry
- Experience with broker management
- Exposure to other sales functions a bonus: category management, shopper marketing, etc…
- Microsoft Office: Word, Excel, PPT, Teams
- Syndicated data analysis
- Proven presentation skills (remote and in-person)
- Proven track record of having developed customer relationships and key account responsibility.
What we’ll do:
We know you’re valuable and we’ll work hard to keep you challenged. The qualified candidate will receive:
- Competitive salary, dependent on experience.
- 100% employer paid comprehensive medical and vision coverage, 80% employer paid dental benefits.
- Auto-enrollment in Tofurky profit sharing program and eligibility for 401K contribution + match.
- Employer paid Term Life Insurance, Short-Term and Long-Term Disability Insurance.
- Company paid Personal Time Off and Holiday time.
At Tofurky, we don’t all have exactly the same beliefs about diet, sustainability, or what goes best with french fries. We’re not a monoculture (and we like it that way). But we can all get behind our mission of respect: whether it’s respect for our shared planet, for all species, for human health, or for our community and workforce.
How to apply:
Please submit resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Please reference “Retail Sales Manager” in the subject line.
The Tofurky Company values a diverse workforce. Women, people of color, people with disabilities, and members of the LGBTQ community are strongly encouraged to apply.
The Tofurky Company provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, The Tofurky Company complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.