Packaging Assistant – Seasonal
Fremont Brewing Company
We are currently hiring for a Full-Time Packaging Assistant – Seasonal, located at our production facility at 4700 9th Ave. NW. Primary responsibilities are hand-waxing bottles, labeling and packing cans, and supporting the packaging of our barrel-aged beer on our bottling line. Approximate job length is 12-15 weeks, mid-July through early November. Hours averaging 30-40 hours per week.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Job Responsibilities & Expectations
- Observe and comply to all Fremont Brewing safety standards
- Follow all company guidelines regarding packaging
- Hand dipping bottles into wax
- Labeling and packing cans appropriately
- Providing operational support on our bottling and canning lines
- Cleaning work areas and packaging materials
- Completes opening or closing duties as assigned by manager
- Maintaining company standards and perform QA/QC checks
- Basic record-keeping for completed products
- Assisting the brewing team with fresh hop beers
- Identify and dispose of defective items
- Performs other similar or related production duties as assigned
Required Skills / Experience
- Must be at least 21 years of age
- Brewery, production, or homebrewing experience preferred
- An obsessive dedication to quality and detail
- Ability to follow the safety requirements
- Must be self-motivated and thorough in their work
- Will have strong communication skills
- High ability to multi-task and work efficiently in a fast-paced, dynamic work environment
- A love of beer and working in a fun, team-oriented environment
- Ability to work in a team as well as independently
- Flexibility in scheduling. Position will require first, second shifts and weekends.
- Desire to learn and take on new responsibilities, preferred
- Mechanical aptitude and ability to problem solve on the fly, preferred
- Standing for long periods of time (up to 8-10 hours per day)
- Ability to move heavy materials (lifting up to 50 lbs., moving up to 160 lbs.)
- Routine pushing, pulling, climbing, lifting, grasping, reaching, etc.
- Repetitive motion of wrists, hands, shoulders, and/or fingers.
- Ability to work in hot and cold environments
Fremont Brewing offers a competitive compensation and benefits package, a dynamic and rewarding work environment, and growth for dedicated and committed employees.
Fremont Brewing provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants and does not discriminate based on race, color, religion, national origin, age, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, disability, marital status, military status, or political ideology in any of its activities or operations.