Orpheus Brewing is based in Atlanta, overlooking Piedmont Park and the Atlanta BeltLine. Nurturing a culture of respect, discovery, and connections while bringing native funk, big hops, old barrels, and a bit of absurdity in excess to the heart of Atlanta, Orpheus is committed to creating beers that live up to their motto, “Don’t Look Back”.
Orpheus Brewing is seeking a Sales Director to manage distributor and key account relationships, develop sales strategy, and manage the sales team. This position will work closely with and report to the CEO.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage a sales team that currently includes 3 account managers based in GA and TN
- Manage distributor relationships to maintain appropriate inventory levels, introduce new beers, find opportunities for growth, and make and achieve yearly goals set forth in the Annual Business Plan for each distributor
- Manage and develop relationships with chain and key account partners
- Oversee beer quality in the field
- Hire and train sales team
- Enforce brand standards
- Analyze data to develop and implement sales strategy
- Market work in the local market and travel to outer markets as needed
- Develop and manage sales expense budgets
- Minimum 5 years selling experience in beer distribution network and prior management experience
- Understand VIP and other data sources
- Proficiency with computer office basics (Excel, Word, Powerpoint, PDF, etc)
- Ability to travel
- Excellent organization and communication skills
- Understanding of craft beer including sensory, trends, the market, and the history
- $60K base plus 50K commission potential
- Health/vision/dental plan
- 15 vacation days per year in months 3-12; 22 vacation days per year after the 1st full year
- 5 sick days per year
Orpheus Brewing is an equal opportunity employer committed to workforce diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, disability status or other category protected under applicable law.