National Accounts Director
The National Accounts Director is a senior sales position reporting to the Senior Director of Sales. This management position is responsible for developing, managing, and executing brand plans in large regional and national accounts. A successful candidate must have strong relationships with key Southern California grocery decision makers and will prioritize partnership and collaboration at the highest level both with internal teams and category managers to grow the brand sustainably
- Business Development
- Category Management
- Product Launch
- Data Analysis
- Retail Marketing
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Be the primary champion in largest retail channels by developing new business, maximizing share of mind, and gaining incremental distribution
- Align with Senior Director of Sales to align National Account strategy with annual business planning
- Collaborate with marketing team to create compelling campaigns and promotional programs
- Harness the power of data—from both internal and external sources—to uncover opportunities and craft a compelling business case.
- Collaborate with innovation team to develop new products that align with our business goals
- Communicate with our sales team and distributors to ensure store level execution
- Mentor and guide field team on best practices and retail standards
- Lead initiatives to develop the Hard Kombucha category sustainably
- Strategize pricing to grow sales and distribution
- Submit new item requests, price changes, and programming to retailers on schedule
- Build presentations decks for business reviews and new business opportunities
- Develop detailed positioning and product mix strategies for each of our unique channels
- Execute against plans and budget in order to reach goals profitably
- Provide forecast and advise production on trends or changes to authorization
- Additional responsibilities and duties as assigned by management
- A minimum of 5+ years relevant sales experience in the beverage industry
- Strong understanding of chain retail landscape, category management and sales analytics
- Strong relationships with key Southern California grocery decision makers including but not limited to, Kroger/Ralphs, AVP, Whole Foods, Sprouts, Bev Mo, Total Wine, Grocery Outlet
- Track record of developing relationships with customers, internal collaborators and partners.
- Ability to identify challenges/opportunities and present solutions.
- Excellent communication skills—both written and verbal
- Ability to self-manage time and achieve goals independently.
- High proficiency in Powerpoint, Excel, and MS Teams
- Ability to understand and analyze data sources such as IRI, Nielsen, Armadillo, SPINS, Mintel, and VIP iDig
- Ability to create professional and effective sales presentations
- Bachelor’s degree preferred or equivalent job experience in CPG
- Remote work optional
Work Environment: Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet. The lighting in the work environment may be dim. Physical Requirements: Candidate must be able to perform physical activities which include but are not limited to lifting, bending over, kneeling, twisting, stooping, crouching, occasionally lifting up to 25 lbs. Candidates may be required to stand/sit for various hours at a time, including prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer. We consider all qualified applicants for employment without discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other factors prohibited by law.