Firestone Walker Brewing Company
Firestone Walker Brewing Company began as a small brewery with roots in the wine country on California’s Central Coast. Now a regional craft brewery, our singular purpose remains – to craft the world’s best beers. Passionately in pursuit of the perfect beer… and never satisfied.
The Brewer/Cellar Operator is responsible for cleaning tanks, transferring beer, quality management, yeast management, and equipment maintenance. The cellar operator is also required to maintain a neat, clean, and sanitary environment throughout the brewery.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
Specifically, the responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to, the following activities:
- Operate automated Brewhouse from grain handling to wort cooling.
- Set up, maintain and operate centrifugation equipment
- Monitor fermentations-check gravities, identify irregularities, record data, dry hopping, cap and chill tanks
- Manage yeast through yeast harvesting, checking viability, yeast dumps and burps.
- Complete beer transfers: check product for readiness, set up, transfer and cleanup according to SOP. Ensure clean transfers at low D.O. levels in a timely manner.
- Run Filtration: Setup and pre-coat, follow SOP to meet quality specifications; ensure proper operation, CIP and sanitization.
- Complete all necessary paperwork accurately and on time.
- Complete tank cleaning and tank sanitization.
- Use proper safety equipment and personal protection equipment.
- Uphold the quality standards of Firestone Walker inside and outside the Brewery.
- Communicate low level inventory of all items used.
- Ensure that safety procedures are adhered to throughout the building.
- Communicate regularly and efficiently with Cellar Master, Head Brewer, Production Manager, and Packaging Manager.
- Ensure you are punctual, regular in attendance, have a positive attitude and good hygiene and act as a good example for the rest of the staff in these areas
- Maintain a harmonious work relationship between yourself and your coworkers
- Communicate a positive attitude, sincere interest, and interact in a positive way with management and staff
- Must have a formal brewing school degree and prior professional brewing experience
- Ability to effectively manage time and demonstrate a strong work ethic
- Ability to multi-task while being detail and quality focused
- Ability to effectively communicate verbally and in writing,
- Ability to work both independently and in small work teams
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret technical journals pertaining to brewing and quality control as well as read and understand a variety of scientific instruments
- Ability to analyze and solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus. The employee must be able to work on their feet for 8 hours per day. The employee is regularly required to lift 55lb grain bags / 44lb Hop boxes, climb stairs, work in close quarters, grip & manipulate Tri-clamps and drag hoses, several times a day. Employee is occasionally required lift and maneuver a keg (165lbs).
What Firestone Walker Offers:
- Competitive pay rate for an experienced individual with the right skills.
- An excellent benefits package including:
- 100% paid premiums for employee including medical, dental, vision, & life insurance
- Accrued PTO (rate of 13 days per year)
- Accrued Sick Leave (1 hour for every 30 hours worked) 24 hours max usage per year
- 401(k) retirement plan including company paid profit sharing & 4% matching
- 8 paid holidays per year
Please submit your cover letter and resume with your work experience when applying.
Firestone Walker is an Equal Opportunity Employer.