Artifact Cider Project
Artifact Cider Project is a craft cider company based in Massachusetts.
Using thoughtful fermentation practices, obsessive sourcing, and the creative application of northeast apples, we aspire to make ciders that are new and boundary-pushing, but still true to the art of cidermaking.
We’re searching for a qualified candidate to join our team as Lead Cidermaker. This person will independently lead the operations in our cidery in Northampton, MA under the direction of our co-founder. It will be a production and quality assurance oriented role, responsible for overall routine production management, batch management, packaging execution, and quality control of our distinctive ciders, cellar projects, and other experiments.
This position starts in August 2021.
- 5+ years hands-on fermented beverage production experience (cidery or brewery, >50k gal)
- Experience with canning, mobile canning, packaging operations
- Genuine interest in the art of cidermaking and comfort with unorthodox fermentation styles
- Established leadership experience managing schedules and facilities
- Established track record of quality, consistency, and independent work ethic
- BA/BS, scientific background preferred but not required
- Fluency with the scientific principles of alcoholic fermentations
- Familiarity with OSHA, FDA, TTB compliance
- Passion for facility/production management
- Genuine interest and open-mindedness to learn new skills, explore ideas
- Ability to mentor and teach teammates
- Skills to work independently with occasional long hours, sometimes alone
- Be a team player, adaptable, and step up to help as needed
- Sensory training with alcoholic fermentations (cider, wine, beer)
- Obsession with maintaining a clean, safe, organized and sanitary workplace
- Physical fitness to carry heavy loads (~50lb) while climbing up a ladder
- Joints to crouch, kneel, crawl, climb, twist, and bend for an extended time
- Diligence to maintain and keep meticulous, compliant records
- Humility and willingness to over-communicate
Please send your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Artifact Cider Project is an equal opportunity employer.