Beertender – Part Time/Seasonal
Fremont Brewing Company
We are currently accepting applications for the position of Beertender – Part Time Seasonal immediately available in our Urban Beer Garden located in Fremont. Our ideal candidate is quick, intelligent, hardworking, obsessed with beer. In this position, you will be the front line and face of the brewery, engaging customers with information about our beers and brewery while simultaneously maintaining our fun yet unpredictable taproom environment. We expect a dedication to craft, a predisposition towards collaborative effort, and a sly bit of wit on the side. We expect our barkeeps to be constantly improving and finding ways to make Fremont the most vibrant brewery and community in the city. This position is seasonal and will terminate on August 31st of 2021.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.Duties and Responsibilities:
- Primary responsibility is guest enjoyment and satisfaction
- Keeps a positive, welcoming attitude to retain our loyal customer base
- Assesses customer needs and preferences and makes recommendations
- Answers questions knowledgeably and enthusiastically
- Maintains day to day operation of taproom, including:
- Stocking, ordering, inventory, bar backing, bar tending, hosting, keg organization and management, tap line cleaning, taking funny pictures of cats/dogs, mopping, and cleaning.
- Conduct oneself professionally and appropriately at all times while representing the brewery and company values
- Observes alcohol consumption and prevents issues by limiting over service and working proactively to deal with issues before they arise
- Complies with all state and local requirements for alcohol and food service
- Completes all opening and closing responsibilities in a timely and efficient manner
- Assist in training new hires and performing other duties as assigned
- Must be at least 21 years of age
- WA MAST and Food Service Card required
- Strong communication skills and outgoing personality
- Interpersonal aptitude and ability to problem solve on the fly
- Brewery, bar, taproom, homebrewing, or winemaking experience preferred
- Ability to work safe in accordance with safety protocols
- Self-motivation and understands exceptional customer service
- Ability to manage a flexible work schedule; nights, weekends and holidays
- A robust sense of humor and a healthy ability to laugh at oneself (and others)
- Standing for long periods of time (up to 8-12 hours per day).
- Ability to move heavy materials (lifting up to 50 lbs, moving up to 160 lbs)
- Routine pushing, pulling, reaching, stooping, climbing, bending
- Ability to work in hot and cold environments
Fremont Brewing offers a competitive compensation and benefits package, a dynamic and rewarding work environment, and growth for dedicated and committed employees.
Fremont Brewing provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants and does not discriminate based on race, color, religion, national origin, age, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, disability, marital status, military status, or political ideology in any of its activities or operations.