Director of Engineering & Maintenance
Two Roads Brewing
The Director of Engineering and Maintenance is responsible for leadership in the areas of Engineering and Maintenance. The Director will oversee engineering team members, engineering projects, and the capital budget to ensure timely execution and adherence to budget. As head of Maintenance, this leader will ensure that there is adequate staffing and maintenance plans to operate the brewery effectively.
This position reports to the General Manager of the Brewery and will collaborate with Brewing, Packaging, Quality Assurance, Planning and Logistics, Finance, and Equipment Vendors. This position typically has 5-6 direct reports.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Responsible for coworker safety in the brewery as well as incorporating safety to new equipment installation
- Understanding of OSHA and safety rules to ensure proper project engineering
- Supervise and Lead the Engineering and Maintenance team
- Create and adhere to Engineering and Maintenance department budget
- Create a Capital Expense plan and adhere to the Capital expense budget
- Ensure all projects are delivered on time and under budget
- Ensure the Maintenance department is completing all necessary work in a timely fashion
- Ensure all necessary spare parts are on site and organized
- Create a continuous improvement program
- Foster and promote continuous improvement and root cause analysis processes
- Collaborate with Brewing, Quality Assurance, Packaging and Planning and Logistics
- Guide team members through professional development and write performance reviews
- Ensure the Engineering and Maintenance is properly staffed and trained
- Create KPIs and Goals in alignment with overall company objectives
- Defend and build company culture
- Responsible for the morale of the Engineering and Maintenance team
- Responsible for other duties as assigned
SKILLS, ABILITIES AND PERSONAL CHARACTERISTICS
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering is preferred
- An understanding of brewery process and flow
- Strong business acumen, detail oriented & analytical mindset
- Excellent written and verbal skills. Advanced Excel skills
- Ability to prioritize tasks and meet deadlines
- Experience with SAP preferred; SQL experience a plus
- Takes ownership and initiative
- Must have a flexible schedule and ability to work a rotating on-call schedule for after-hour emergency
- Attitude: Positive, team oriented and results driven with a good sense of humor.
Machinery, Tools, Equipment, and PPE
- Electric Pallet Jack, Mechanical Pallet Jack, Mechanical Tote Lift, Fork Lift, Pocket Knife/Box Cutter, DIN Spanner Wrench, Assorted Wrenches and Screw Drivers, Rubber Mallet, Safety Glasses, Safety-toe, slip-resistant boots, dust mask/respirator, chemical/heat resistant gloves, face shield, bump cap.
- While performing the duties of this position, this position may be exposed to inside and outside environmental conditions, including but not limited to; extreme heat, potential for physical injury, exposure to hot fluids, pressurized vessels and transfer lines, strong odors, chemicals, loud regular noise, extreme heights, and moving machinery.
Studies have shown that women and people of color are less likely to apply for jobs unless they believe they meet every one of the qualifications as described in a job description. We are most interested in finding the best candidate for the job, and that candidate may be one who comes from a less traditional background. We would encourage you to apply, even if you don't believe you meet every one of our qualifications described. If you are unsure whether you meet the qualifications of this position, or how this would be determined, please feel free to contact HR@tworoadsbrewing.com to discuss your application.