Area Sales Manager - Denver, Phoenix and Seattle
RIOT Energy the first 100% plant-powered energy drink with zero questionable ingredients and zero added sugar; sweetened with real fruit. Delivering the same amount of energy as traditional energy drinks from better ingredients with amazingly fresh taste.
Born in Venice Beach, California, we aim to disrupt the $12B category dominated by high-sugar alternatives that use processed ingredients. RIOT Energy is first mover toward the future of the energy drink category responding to fast changing consumer preferences for plant-based, clean label, and organic energy for the next generation of our customers. We create products worth RIOTing about, fuel a culture of positive energy and make a positive impact in the communities we live, work and operate.
We are looking for an Area Sales Managers in Denver, Phoenix and Seattle. We are a lean but nimble start-up. Successful candidates will be proactive, communicate and handle ambiguity well, possess a can-do outlook, and foster teamwork.
This role focuses on selling products by maintaining and expanding customer base across natural, conventional and convenience channels; working with distributors; supporting events, demos, and marketing efforts.
Candidate must be willing to travel frequently within and outside of market to support distribution needs.
Specific responsibilities are the following:
- Sales Manager will be responsible for growing total territory points of distribution.
- Must achieve growth targets and account visits.
- Directly manage all aspects of assigned sales territory.
- Work autonomously to establish, develop, and grow a strong base of on-premise and off-premise accounts.
- Participate in evening and weekend promotions and assist with special events as necessary.
- Complete daily account visit reports, monthly expense reports, and other surveys and reports as required.
- Secure display/secondary space, shelf space and share of cold box.
- Improve RIOT Energy in cold box, energy set, mid-shelf. Secure a second point of distribution in the store, build displays, end caps, reset cold boxes, and increase visibility through point-of-sale.
- Maintain positive business relationships and communication with account owners, managers, and buyers.
- Identify and successfully sell to new customers.
- Understand and have a high confidence with pricing, margin, and field sales programs to develop proposals for prospective customers and deliver sales presentations within brand framework.
- Provide excellent customer service through developing a regular route/call pattern to: book displays, place permanent point of sale, plan promotional activities, offer after sale follow-through, provide RIOT Energy brand and product education, etc.
- Introduce and sell in new flavors and packages, including activities to support sell through.
- Create and implement programs designed specifically for on-premise accounts.
At Distributor level:
- Work with distributors to build awareness brand, sales plans, account profiles and consumer targets.
- Assist in distributor education.
- Partner with distributors to ensure fulfillment of accounts’ needs.
- Work with distributor reps to open new accounts; sell in incremental flavors and packages, etc. by doing ride a longs / ride with or distribution drives.
- Make sure distributors have enough POS materials and each rep has the necessary monthly amount.
- Ensure all POS materials are ready to go out into the trade (i.e., swag, clings, shelf strips, shippers, etc.).
- Call on accounts independently and open doors; sell RIOT Energy products, fill out daily report and summarize the da
For Consumer Accounts and Customers:
- Follow Through is #1. Always deliver what you promise.
- Perform samplings, tastings, and evening promotions as needed.
- Outreach in the communities to identify on-premise locations, alternate channels, events and lifestyle locations and organizations to meet people at the point of energy to sample – providing a relevant first hand product experience that intersects with their lifestyle
- Passionately educate buyers, store personnel, partners, distributors and customers about the brand and product
Candidate should have:
- 1-2 years’ experience in the beverage industry
- A safe driving record.
- A valid driver’s license.
- A registered, insured, and dependable vehicle.
- The ability to drive to and from accounts continuously.
- The ability to lift and move cases frequently, climb, kneel, and stoop to arrange and display point of sale.
Key attributes a successful candidate will have include:
- Contagious positive energy fostering a “can do” attitude among the team, self-motivated, self-disciplined, competitive, assertive, confident, goal-oriented self-starter with the desire to succeed.
- Be able to work independently and with the rest of the sales and marketing team to accomplish goals.
- Outstanding project management skills with the ability to plan and coordinate workflow
- Be able to manage a territory from a home-office base.
- Be very organized to manage multiple tasks with strong attention to detail.
- Have excellent problem solving and time management skills.
- Possess excellent verbal and written communication as well as interpersonal skills.
- Be outgoing and friendly.
- Be able to travel daily, work flexible hours including nights and weekends.
- Be proficient with both email and Microsoft Office.
- Knowledge of products, differences to competition, and the general beverage industry.
- Possess impeccable integrity and character.
- Flexibility to change direction quickly and “think on your feet.”
- Has a sense of urgency and willing to 'roll up their sleeves’ and do whatever it takes to get the job done
- We are a start-up environment. Applicants must be proactive, handle ambiguity well and thrive in fast paced environments where change is constant
- Openings in Denver, Phoenix and Seattle