Rogue Ales & Spirits
Rogue is an open, inclusive company committed to fostering a diverse, equitable workplace.
Our mantra is Dare, Risk, Dream. This is an attitude that comes from relentless curiosity and a drive to question, create and inspire. A DIY spirit runs through everything we do and make. We aren't afraid to think big, get messy and risk it all when it comes to creating authentic, innovative products that we are passionate about.
Our QA./QC Manager is in charge of all laboratory operations at the production facility, ensuring the integrity of each batch of product and consistent quality of production by enforcing good manufacturing practice (GMP) systems, SOP's, conducting analysis, validating processes, and providing documentation.
Monitoring quality of products through daily process checks, as well as short and long-term projects. Responsible for managing, training, hiring of all QA/QC staff. The QA/QC manager works cross functionally across all areas of operations and is an integral member of the Operations Management Team.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Enforce and follow all brewery and food safety standards. Shut down processes that do not comply with Rogue’s SOPs and notify supervisors as appropriate.
- Calibration, maintenance and scheduling of preventative maintenance of laboratory equipment.
- Communicate with Operations Management Team about issues relevant to Safety and Quality procedures.
- Oversee HACCP duties and records. Report and correct any deviations as necessary
- Oversee waste water compliance testing and reporting (daily, weekly, monthly). Maintain records of results, report all non-compliances to the appropriate authorities and prepare monthly reports of results.
- Validate the integrity and quality standards / specifications of products including but not limited to:
- Alcohol, color, IBU, Sugar, pH, TA, DO
- Provide information for the decision-making process as it relates to production and release of product.
- Analysis of products in various stages along the production process (primary, secondary, brite, barrel, etc.) as well as finished products
- Accurately manage the Beer Library. Collect and store the proper amount of product from each packaging batch.
- Run daily sensory analysis, sensory training and sensory tastings of new products.
- Maintain and order reagents and equipment as needed while keeping in mind cost to company.
- Coordinate any needed testing with other departments.
- Coordinate outside testing of products as necessary.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Biology / Microbiology (advanced degree preferred)
- Food science education and / or experience
- Experience with a focus on yeast
- 7+ years lab experience (brewery / beverage environment preferred)
- 3+ years of management experience
- Brewing education a plus
- Ability to maintain confidential matters
- Excellent communication skills
- Detail oriented and ability to multi-task
- Computer literacy and experience with Microsoft Office Suite
- Familiarity with Vicinity (MRP software) a plus
- Familiarity with Draughtlab a plus
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit, stand, walk, reach with hands and arms for extended hours
Must be able to use hands, fingers to wrist for fine digit manipulation
Must be able to maintain adequate vision (with or without corrective lenses)
Must be able to distinguish colors for purposed of discussing test results
Adequate peripheral vision is necessary for safety purposes, as are depth, distance, and ability to focus.
The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and be able to move kegs which weigh close to 165 pounds.
The work environment will vary for this position given the nature of the job duties.
Work environment conditions vary often with fluctuating temperatures, noise, and moisture level.
Work takes place around potentially hazardous machinery, and chemicals.
Personal Protective Equipment and standard operating procedures are enforced to ensure employee safety.
Ability to travel 5% of the time.
Additional duties may be required. Rogue reserves the right to change duties, responsibilities, and activities at any time with or without notice.
Compensation and Benefits
Why Rogue?! You’ll get to work in a lively work environment within our brewing headquarters. We are a group of people who believe in the power of creating things in small batches by hand and in building things ourselves. If you love craft beers, spirits and canned cocktails - this is the place to be. Generous paid time off (PTO), 401(k) matching, pet benefits, comprehensive health insurance and more!
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty and physical demands satisfactory with or without reasonable accommodations. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Individuals are not entitled to the accommodation of their choosing, and unreasonable accommodations, or accommodations that constitute an undue burden, will be denied.