Account Manager - South Orange County
Scout Distribution specializes in distributing craft alcohol beverages throughout San Diego, Orange County, and Arizona.
The Account Manager will travel throughout their respective region (South Orange County) to drive distribution and volume in assigned accounts to achieve monthly business objectives. The Account Manager will establish relationships with accounts by soliciting orders from retail accounts, scheduling and execution promotional events, and handling customer service inquiries from retail accounts.
Daily Duties, Functions, and Responsibilities:
- Solicit sales from a range of customers including package stores, bars, restaurants.
- Seek out and establish new accounts within territory.
- Meet with buyers and be physically present for all accounts on a regular basis.
- Align work toward fulfilling set monthly goals for total sales and new accounts
- Maintain awareness of current and incoming products and pricing.
- Support Accounting department by communicating with accounts regarding balances and payments due. Collect payment from accounts as requested or required.
- Monitor and respond to all communications in a timely and helpful manner.
- Maintain current list of contacts and notes for all accounts.
- Public tastings and industry events as required. These events may take place on the weekends or outside of regular business hours.
- Must be at least 21 years of age
- Bachelor's Degree in related field; or an equivalent combination of education and experience is preferred
- 3-5 years of beverage experience is required
- Must have reliable automobile transportation, maintain an acceptable driving record and valid CA driver license, and maintain auto insurance coverage
- Focus on win-win relationships with customers, team and management
- Very-strong planning and organization
- High level of personal accountability for performance
- Must be willing to travel within assigned region
- Must be willing to work weekends and holidays, as needed
- Ability to stand and walk for extended periods of time.
- Ability to pull/push a load up to 55 lbs.
- Requires heavy and repetitive lifting/placement of products up to 55 lbs.
- Bends, stoops, squats, kneels, crouches, crawls, climbs ladders and stairs, stands, walks, and turns/pivots frequently throughout duration of workday.
- Must be able to work in noisy and crowded environments.