Cellarman / Packaging Assistant
Counter Weight Brewing
Job Title: Cellerman / Packaging Assistant
Job Location: Hamden, CT
Reports To: Brewery Operations Manager
Position Type: Hourly Non-Exempt
Make great beer while being a positive force in our beer scene and community, provide excellent customer service, and have fun while doing it.
Counterweight Brewing Company is currently located in Hamden, CT and in the process of transitioning into a brand new facility located in Cheshire. We have reasonably planned growth over the next few years and are focused on making a diverse portfolio of beers of high quality and always looking to continue for ways to improve. We are looking for team members to join us who take pride in their work and have a focused work ethic.
The Cellerman / Packaging Assistant is an integral role in the day to day operations of the brewery. They will be proficient in all areas of beer packaging including, but not limited to, maintaining and managing operations on our Cask Five Head Canning line, and Three Head Premier Stainless Keg Washer, packaging off of the canning line, operating the keg washer, beer transfers, daily tank readings, cleaning/sanitizing tanks, and maintaining daily/weekly cleaning requirements.. They will assist when needed in other areas of production brewing including, but not limited to grain handling, brewhouse operations, yeast and fermentation management, dry hopping, cleaning/sanitizing, and troubleshooting day to day challenges.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Actively pursues new knowledge regarding the industry
- Complete daily production activities per instructions given by Management including, but not limited to, milling, dry hopping, packaging, cleaning/sanitizing, stocking received goods, other activities as assigned
- Complete necessary brewing, racking, packaging, walk-in, and any other necessary production sheets
- Operate the keg washer
- Fill kegs
- Operate the canning line
- Strictly follow our sanitary practices
- CIP Brite tanks
- Rack beer into Brite tanks
- Monitor carbonation on Brite tanks
- Attend and/or work events as necessary
- Genuine enthusiasm for craft beer
- Knowledge and execution of sound beer packaging processes
- Computer proficiency (Excel, Word, email, internet usage)
- Strong communication skills
- Flexible availability
- Ability to operate forklift and pallet jack
- Ability to work well independently and on a team
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Attention to detail
- Mechanically inclined
- Ability to multi-task effectively
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Common sense
- Ability to handle a number of different projects simultaneously
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Other functions as necessary
- 1+ years professional production brewery experience
- Forklift certification
- Ability to repeatedly lift and move 55 lbs. above shoulder height
- Ability to frequently stand, walk, kneel, sit, stoop, climb, push, pull, and lift for extended periods of time
- Acute sensory abilities
- Ability to frequently talk, hear, and smell
- Ability to follow and effectively execute safety protocols, including use of personal protective equipment, and safe chemical handling procedures
- Ability to work in an environment with varying temperature, and noise levels
Competitive compensation will be based on experience and will include benefits, five paid sick days and two weeks paid vacation to start (pending introductory period, which may vary from employee to employee).
Equal Opportunity Employer
Counterweight Brewing strongly supports equal employment opportunity for all applicants regardless of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, marital status, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law.
Counterweight Brewing is an at-will employer, meaning that either the employee or Counterweight Brewing are free to end the employment relationship at any time, with or without notice or cause.