Brewer - Drowned Lands Brewery
THE DROWNED LANDS IS A FARM BREWERY FOUNDED AS A HOMAGE TO THE DIRT ON WHICH IT IS BUILT.
IT IS A CULMINATION OF YEARS OF EXPLORATION AND INSPIRATION FROM THE LAND. THE BEER WE CREATE TAKES ITS CUES FROM THE RICHEST SOIL IN THE COUNTRY - CONNECTED TO BOTH TIME AND PLACE - INSPIRED BY OLD WORLD TECHNIQUES AND MODERN INNOVATION.
OUR BREWERY IS FOCUSED ON BREWING FARMHOUSE ALES, TABLE BEERS, HOPPY OFFERINGS, AND FRUITED SOURS. WE OPERATE ON A 15 BBL ALPHA BREWHOUSE, ALPHA CANNING LINE, AND LARGE FOEDER/OAK PROGRAM.
FOUNDED IN 2020 AND RANKED IN THE TOP NEW 10 BREWERIES IN THE COUNTRY BY BOTH HOPCULTURE MAGAZINE AND USA TODAY. A TRUE DESTINATION BREWERY NESTLED ALONG THE APPALACHIAN MOUNTAINS, WAWAYANDA CREEK, AND BACKING UP TO A 700 ACRE PARK. VERY BEAUTIFUL BUILDING, TAPROOM, AND SETTING.
EXTREMILY COMMITED TO QUALITY, AND A POSITIVE WORK CULTURE.
WE ARE SEEKING A HIGHLY MOTIVATED AND QUALITY BREWER TO ADD TO OUR TEAM.
- Minimum 2 years experience working as a professional brewer on a commercial system.
- Minimum 1 years experience working in a barrel program. Strong understanding of mixed cultures, wild fermentation, solera methods, yeast propagation, harvesting local microbes, etc.
- Experience designing a lab and quality control procedures and testing. SOPs.
- Solid Educational background, preferably in Microbiology or Brewing Science
- Passion for the style of beers we brew (farmhouse, Belgian, saision, fruited sours, pilsner and neipas, etc). Sensory skills relating to these styles particularly.
- Creative input on recipe development and a consistent desire to learn new techniques and technologies.
- Solid Mechanical skills as it relates to canning line, brewing equip, boilers, pumps, etc.
- Inventory & Production management; basic reporting & scheduling skills.
We are quickly growing, but still a very small team, so this is very much a hands on position. Expect to be involved in and partially responsible for everything you would typically see in a brewhouse from brew day to package. Please email your cover letter and resume to Cheers@DrownedLands.Beer