New Orleans Sales Rep
Urban South Brewery
Urban South is a fast-growing production brewery with a manufacturing facility and taproom in New Orleans and a taproom in Houston. This position will grow sales, increase brand presence, and ensure product quality through key account calls, promotional events, media planning/public relations and working with distributor sales personnel in the New Orleans market. Prior sales experience required.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Adhere to and advance the Mission and Vision Statements of Urban South Brewery.
- Plan and execute on and off premise promotions including both small and large scale events (pint nights, samplings, beer fests, beer dinners, etc.).
- Obtain order from on and off premise accounts in conjunction with distributor representatives.
- Develop and maintain strategic partnerships with on and off premise accounts in local area.
- Sell in and conduct training programs with retailers, restaurateurs, and consumers on all aspects of Urban South’s products.
- Assume a leadership role in implementing key brewery initiatives with distributors, retailers, and restaurateurs in local area.
- Effectively communicate information with distributor partners in order to keep product fresh and relevant.
- Conduct required ride alongs with distributor representatives.
- Ensure that the brewery’s quality standards are clearly understood and enforced by distributors and retailers.
- Use data systems to identify opportunities for new or expanded distribution, lost sales, incremental volume increases, and other business insights.
- Demonstrate knowledge in overseeing and managing a personal and professional calendar, with particular attention to balancing multiple deadlines at any given time.
- Ensure proper use of available legal point of sale items throughout territory.
- Attend all team meetings as requested, including weekly sales team meetings.
- Turn in weekly accountability worksheet in a timely manner.
- Review and understand all legal restrictions regarding brewery products in each market and ensure all initiatives are executed within those limitations.
- Maintain flexible work schedules, as weekend and extended workdays are necessary.
- Actively participate in all social media outlets as allowed within state laws.
- Assume additional duties as may be necessary.
ON-PREMISE PRIMARY DUTIES:
- Check in on on-premise accounts in your territory and assess their needs on a regular basis.
- Hold meetings with account buyers - inform them about new products, provide samples, and take commitment orders in conjunction with distributor reps..
- Perform quality control assessment of products to ensure they meet brewery standards.
- Perform customer samplings or other promotional events to support product placement.
- Provide proper POS to support new product placements and promote events.
OFF-PREMISE PRIMARY DUTIES:
- Survey inventory and store par levels.
- Communicate needs effectively with distributor reps to better support space to sales.
- Maintain displays and shelf placements by referencing planograms and rotating stock for freshness and quality.
- Support chain programs with proper POS.
- Perform in store samplings to support programs and new product launches.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Performance duties of this job include regularly being required to sit, stand, walk, use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls; talk, hear, and smell.
- Ability to lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 55 lbs.
- Ability to frequently reach with hands and arms and stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl and climb.
- Must be able to critically assess beer quality.
- Vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision and the ability to adjust focus.
- The ability to travel on a regular basis.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license.
IMPORTANT SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Demonstrated knowledge of the three tier system
- Demonstrated ability to build relationships and maintain effective working relationships with distributors, top level account decision makers, and all internal stakeholders
- Demonstrated knowledge of Microsoft Office programs
- Ability to work independently with little supervision – self motivated
- High level of craft beer product knowledge
- Excellent oral, analytical, written, and group presentation communication skills
- Strong organizational, planning, and sales skills
- Ability to troubleshoot draft issues