Director of Sales
Scott & Jon's
Job Title: Director of Retail Sales
At Scott & Jon’s®, we’re a fast scaling brand currently sold in 13,000+ stores nationwide, on a mission to be the number 1 better-for-you frozen entrée brand in the US. Our recipes are INDULGENT, UNDER 300 CALORIES and made with SIMPLE, WHOLESOME INGREDIENTS. Founded by two brothers from Maine (Scott & Jon) with big appetites and healthy lifestyles, our entrees are filled with decadent flavors like Shrimp Scampi, Shrimp Alfredo, Mac & Cheese and Creamy Tomato Basil Tortellini. Scott & Jon’s products are found in retailers nationwide in either the frozen entrée or frozen seafood sections.
Want to be a part of one of the fastest growing frozen entrée brands in the country? Want to be the face of a hot brand that is growing quickly in accounts like Walmart, Target and Publix? This position is instrumental to the growth and scale of Scott & Jon’s business in alignment with the corporate strategy. The Director of Sales will be the key day to day point of contact in growing the business, managing customer relationships, develop and budget trade promotions, and achieve overall sales goals while collaborating closely on shopper marketing programs.
This position will focus on expanding our retail presence in supermarkets by managing and growing current accounts and opening up new ones. This role may work remotely.
What You Will Do:
- Grow the business! More skus, more stores, more sales!
- Own sales cycle from beginning to end, including contacting, pitching, and negotiating for major new business.
- Manage our broker network.
- Oversee week-to-week account management of supermarket accounts.
- Implement effective and efficient trade spend strategy, staying on budget and driving higher velocities.
- Collaborate with marketing team to set up and manage promotional cycles and identify other marketing opportunities to support our category leading velocities.
- Maintain deep knowledge of frozen entrees market trends.
- Provide key inputs for demand planning - own the bottom-up forecast for each account owned.
- 7-10 years of CPG/food retail sales experience with proven success in attaining ambitious sales goals. Direct frozen experience a plus.
- A genuine interest and passion for Scott & Jon’s mission.
- High achiever
- Great attitude
- Understanding of Spins/IRI data and how to leverage that to grow sales.
- Recent experience growing a brand.
- A mix of large and small manufacturer experience in your background preferable.
- Highly collaborative approach with ability to collaborate with all types of functions (R&D, Marketing, Finance, Strategy, Operations, etc.)
- Proven success working independently in an ever changing and often chaotic high growth environment.
- Ability to travel more than 50% of the time.