Regional Sales Manager –Territory East Coast
Atlantic Natural Foods, LLC
Regional Sales Manager –Territory East Coast
An exciting opportunity exists to participate in the fast-paced evolution of Plant-Based Foods with Atlantic Natural Foods (ANF), the producer of iconic brands Loma Linda, TUNO, neat and Kaffree Roma. ANF is a leader in the creation of convenient shelf stable plant-based foods and seafood alternatives, healthy baking creations and non-caffeine alternative beverages with products already available in natural, grocery, club, e-commerce and export channels. We are now looking to add to the team and are searching for that unique individual to help grow our Grocery and Natural retail sales in the Eastern USA.
The Eastern Sales Dir. will be responsible for sales of ANF’s branded products to select distributors and regional retailers in both natural and conventional retail categories, with a key focus on the Eastern seaboard from Maine to Florida. This will include managing our current broker partners, and developing positive relationships with brokers, distributor teams, and account buying teams.
The successful applicant will be involved in the development and implementation of the company’s natural and retail sales strategy, and as such will come with experience in food sales, account management, broker management, and experience managing key distributors such as UNFI and KeHE.
Lead and develop a customer acquisition strategy and a go to market capability that deepens and develops ANF’s presence in the channel.
- Ensure a best-practice approach to portfolio management, account management and new business development that improves the long-term profitability of our business.
- Cultivate effective relationships with brokers, distributors and customers.
- Interview, hire and manage key broker partners as needed in Eastern US markets.
- Manage and direct national and regional distributors’ account management and retail teams to secure new business with regional and independent customers.
- Develop and maintain an annual business plan for key accounts and distributors outlining strategies to achieve company goals and sales targets.
- Develop and maintain promotions, support programs and local marketing activities that position ANF appropriately in the market resulting in sales and margin growth, and increased distribution of ANF products.
- Collaborate with marketing on natural and retail channel strategy and the products, programs and tools required to drive profitable growth.
- Make direct sales calls to large Natural and Conventional retail chains and attend external customer meetings to present new items, programs and reviews to aid business development.
- Gain new Distribution with Natural Products Distributors according to company objectives and attend trade shows and distributor table-tops and selling shows as required.
- Increase sales revenue within the Natural and Retail channels according to company goals and expectations, while keeping within trade spend budgets.
- Any other activities as directed by ANF leadership.
Requirements & Qualifications
- Passion to make a real change in how we eat and desire to make a difference
- Bachelor’s degree required in Sales, Marketing, Business Administration or a related field.
- 5+ years direct selling experience to grocery and natural retail customers and distributors and must include food experience.
- Proven success building and leading branded food businesses and managing food brokers.
- Proven track record of building relationships in the industry and leveraging same to create strategic opportunities that create long term value.
- Ability to demonstrate execution of and achievement of plans and goals.
- Ability to establish internal executive relationships and be viewed as a team player that works in the best interest of the company.
- Proven track record of pioneering and business development.
- Highly competitive sales personality, with a strong sense of urgency.
- Ability to travel a minimum of 25-50%, as COVID restrictions allow, and be comfortable and self-motivated working from home.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office programs, and sales data analysis.
- Have a technical understanding of spreadsheets, databases, financial analysis, to create and maintain monthly report/analysis that tracks sales, growth, and ROIs on marketing spend.
- Familiarity with Trade Promotion Management and forecasting and experience in developing marketing and sales strategies.
- Strong interpersonal and fact-based selling skills, results-oriented.
- Team player with excellent verbal, written, analytical and formal presentation skills.
ANF is an equal opportunity employer and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, age, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship, genetic information, sexual orientation, marital status, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other federal, state, or local protected class.