Account Manager - North Shore, MA
Lord Hobo Brewing Company
About Lord Hobo Brewing Company
Celebrating our 6th Anniversary in 2021, Lord Hobo Brewing Company, based out of Woburn, Massachusetts is a leading craft brewery in the New England market. Lord Hobo is sold in 12 states on the East Coast and is a brewery that is focused on growth and market support. Our flagship beer, Boomsauce, has seen incredible growth over the last 5 years and is the foundation for our success as a brand. Our portfolio of core products, including Boomsauce, Glorious, Angelica, Life, and 617 are consumer favorites and designed to win the favor of on and off-premises retail accounts. Lord Hobo was established on the inspiration of bringing the New England IPA style to a wider audience. Our team of Hobos are passionate, driven to ‘win’, and hard working.
If your skills, experience, and career aspirations match the opportunity described below, we look forward to meeting you!
Account Manager – North Shore
We are recruiting an Account Manager based in the North Shore area of Massachusetts. The Account Manager position is an integral role at LHBCo, responsible for building and maintaining professional relationships with key distributor personnel and retail accounts (both on & off premise) to grow sales and increase brand presence. This position reports directly to Sales Director – New England.
Account Managers are responsible for growing the volume and gain distribution of Lord Hobo beers sold in their territory. To grow LHBCo volume, some specific activities you will be responsible for include:
- Be knowledgeable about Lord Hobo brands and packages, passionate about craft beer. Beer first
- Drive sales volume and distribution in the assigned territory by identifying new opportunities, active selling, and motivating distributor sales teams to prioritize the brand in their portfolio.
- Develop and maintain relationships with management, retail sales staff, and bartenders in key accounts.
- Execute sell-through and merchandising initiatives for retail accounts to increase consumer trial and engagement.
- Work in collaboration with the Regional Sales Manager to achieve team targets, introduce new marketing initiatives and implement promotions.
- Achieve sales goals by brand
- Use VIP data to identify opportunities or gain other business insights.
- Maintain consistent visitation schedule within the market, hitting target account list including chain and independent on and off premise accounts.
- Monitor beer inventory to maintain proper levels based on sales trends, promotions, new product introductions and our core & seasonal offerings as well as maintain our standard for quality products.
- Monitors product freshness based on date codes at both distributor warehouses and key retail accounts.
- Represents Lord Hobo at various festivals, tastings, tap events and conferences.
- Conduct formal trainings and ride-withs with distributor sales representatives in assigned market.
- Setup and conduct staff trainings for key accounts.
- Hosts occasional on premise demonstrations/presentations.
- Performs administrative tasks as required including expense reports, work calendars, sales goals, etc.
- 90% of time spent actively selling to deliver distribution goals, rate of sale goals, volume goals, period priorities and distributor work-withs.
- 10% administrative
- Prior Sales Experience a plus – retail, distributor route, or business development
- Experience in on and off premise segment a plus
- Passionate fan of craft beer and knowledge about craft beer styles and current trends.
- Strong customer service skills and supportive, collaborative attitudes.
- Positive attitude and ‘can do, get it done’ mentality on driving business.
- Bachelor's degree a plus, 1-2 years’ experience in sales or customer service.
- Computer skills: MS Suite – Excel, PowerPoint, etc.
- Clean driving record
We offer a competitive salary and bonus compensation package based on your qualifications. Our benefits package for full time employees includes: medical, dental, vision, supplemental insurances, 401k, tuition reimbursement, a referral bonus program, generous paid time off and much more.
Lord Hobo is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.