Packaging Line Operator
Position Title: Bottling Line Operator Date Prepared: May 25, 2021
Department: Production Supersedes Date: Aug 3, 2020
Reports To: Production Supervisor Document #: ORD-JOB-005
Efficient operations of equipment to ensure quality packaged products within specification ranges, meeting production standards and cost to produce standards. Efficiently operate equipment to produce products in conformance with all Ordnance Brewing safety, quality, and cost standards.
Essential duties, responsibilities, and qualifications of the job can be performed with or without reasonable accommodation and without posing a direct threat to him/herself or others.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Follow Food Safety, Quality, Personal Safety, and any other Ordnance Brewing Polices.
- Operates equipment to optimum efficiencies to meet quality, cost and operational requirements of daily schedules.
- Monitor actual production against schedule; communicate/coordinate required volumes and timelines with Production Supervisor and Logistics & Inventory Coordinator to ensure equipment lines are provided materials to produce to standards.
- Participate in the training of personnel to line performance ensuring performance meets standards.
- Continue to update skills in all areas pertaining to this position through internal and external training.
- Minimize waste and maximize production efficiencies within these areas.
- Ensure all products are produced to Ordnance Brewing quality standards.
- Create and maintain a teamwork environment within the bottling line operations.
- Participate in sanitation of line and equipment as needed/directed.
- Knowledge of equipment operation, ability to operate efficiently to meet standards.
- Knowledge of product/bottling specifications, ranges, targets to meet quality standards.
- Coordinate, schedule and track all product going to and from bottling line.
- Improve production efficiencies through training, equipment recommendations, work order process, communications with supervisor, etc.
- Reduce material and product waste by operating equipment efficiently.
- Notify management of any production, safety, quality or environmental concerns with equipment, operation or facility.
- Work with all other departments to ensure good communication and teamwork.
- Track and maintain records of equipment operations in log book and production reporting. This information needs to be accurate and timely.
- Follow production policies and procedures.
- Review and report to the Supervisor any improvements and/or changes needed in the bottling areas.
- Communicates with the Management team, Q.A. team, Production team, Maintenance team, and Sanitation team to ensure product quality, timely production, and timely accurate production reporting in a safe work environment.
- Maintain good personal hygiene, follow GMP’s and maintain a clean, safe and sanitary workplace. Immediately report any situation that may cause product to be contaminated or compromised.
- Comply with facility security by ensuring that doors are locked and closed behind you. Report any suspicious activities to your Supervisor immediately. Enter only through the main employee entrance area or other controlled entrances.
- Be flexible in shift and overtime availability.
- Complete other duties as assigned.
- Perform key responsibilities in respect to the goals and objectives of Ordnance Brewing to meet standards.
- Attendance needs to meet standard.
- Able to lift up to 50 lbs repeatably.
- Bottling Line personnel
- Forklift Certification
- Candidate must be willing to work occasional Saturday's. This schedule is full time, three days a week will be scheduled for days off.
- Candidate must be quick learner, patient with oneself and others, demonstrate high degree of dependability, and a good communicator.
- Biligual in English/Spanish is preferred.
Licenses, Permits, Certifications Required
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities