Assistant Brewer / Cellar
White Lion Brewing
Reporting to the Head Brewer
This position will include all aspects of packaging (canning and kegging), brewery sanitation, maintenance, CIP operations, and brew house duties in the pursuit of producing high quality beer in a safe and efficient manner.
The ideal candidate will have experience working in a production brewery environment. We produce a wide variety of styles on our 15 bbl system. You will assist the head brewer in all aspects of production from receiving of materials to loading of finished product for distribution. You will take part in everything necessary to produce world class beers including but not limited to:
- Adherence to IABC SOP’s
- Raw Material handling and organization. Spent grain and hops handling
- Milling operations
- Mashing operations
- CIP Operations, hot and cold side. Safe chemical handling.
- Maintaining overall cleanliness of brewery facilities
- Can line operation
- Packaging line changeovers and staging
- Keg cleaning and filling
- Centrifuge set up/ tear down, CIP, SIP
- Dry Hopping
- Brite Beer Carbonation
- FV/ Brite Beer sampling
- Accurate and timely record keeping
- Loading and unloading trucks
- Cone dumps
- Forklift operation
- Any other production activities as communicated by the Head Brewer
Job Skills Required:
- Computer literacy
- Fork Lift operation experience
Other Required Characteristics:
- Possess effective written and oral communication skills
- Must be able to multi-task and manage time
- Adherence to safety rules and all relevant rules and regulations
- Quality minded attitude
- Dedication to cleaning and sanitizing
- Accountability, team player, great attitude, motivated self-starter
- Packaging experience and prior brewery experience
- This position is primarily 8:00am – 4:30pm, but will require flexibility to work nights and weekends as needed
- 21 years of age or older
- Able to twist, bend, kneel, work in a loud, wet factory environment every shift
- Able to stand for long periods of time
- Able to regularly lift/carry 55-pound bags and move up to 170 pounds.
The incumbent will be in at the ground level of our new Springfield location and a very important part of the management team. We are looking for a team player, and one who is excited about the challenge of helping to build a successful business. We’re looking for someone who is interested in playing a role in the overall business long term. Compensation will be based on experience.
White Lion Brewing is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to help ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veteran’s Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who wish to request accommodation in the job application process can contact rberry@whitelionbrewing for assistance.