Cellerperson / Cellar Tech / Cellarman
No Label Brewing Company
No Label Brewing Company seeking Full Time Cellarman
No Label Brewing Company, located in Katy, Texas is hiring a full-time Cellarman position. We operate a 15 bbl brewhouse and produce more than 5000 bbls per year. The salaried position is 40 hr/week. The ideal candidate will be hardworking, mechanically inclined, and passionate about beer and beer quality. This position reports to the Head Brewer and will serve as a member of the Operations Team working in the cellar and on the packaging line.
• Preferred (but not required) 1 year of experience at a packaging brewery. Formal brewing/packaging line education, training, certifications, or accreditation are a plus.
• A working knowledge of packaging/brewing/process equipment including: beer canning line, depalletizer, keg washer, malt milling, tank CIP, yeast harvesting, brewhouse equipment, and cellar equipment.
• Skills applicable to general maintenance functions, including mechanical, electrical, and packaging line/brite tank maintenance are a plus.
• The ability to operate a forklift and scissor lift; current training certification is a plus.
• The ability to read and interpret manuals, schematics, and blue prints.
• The ability to understand basic laboratory techniques and complete basic lab tests.
• The ability to work flexible hours, including occasional weekends and evenings.
• The ability to work independently with minimal direct supervision in a collaborative and dynamic environment, while efficiently prioritizing tasks and effectively managing workload.
Primary Responsibilities (include but are not limited to):
• Maintain and operate our 5000 bbl per year cellar and related equipment, including proper handling of product.
• Thoroughly clean fermenters and brite tanks ranging from 7bbl’s-60bbl’s
• Harvest/cell count, maintain and pitch good healthy yeast
• Check gravities throughout fermentation
• Knowledge of fermentation (Diacetyl test, off-flavors, free rising, crashing tanks when beer is ready)
• Assist a team in producing a high volume of high quality packaged/filled beer while maintaining a safe and efficient working environment, following all scheduling and required volumes per Head Brewer.
• Ensure daily cellar activities are completed in a timely manner.
• Maintain the integrity and “true to brand” profile of all our No Label Beers.
• Ensure tanks are emptied/cleaned and are available per the brewing schedule to ensure no production stoppages.
• Maintain inventory for chemicals needed for cleaning and sanitization.
• Record production and batch/lot data using log sheets
• Assist packaging line lead with our Twin Monkeys canning line
• General cleaning and organization of packaging area and surrounding areas, including brite tanks and cellar, packaging materials and other storage areas.
• Observe machine operations to ensure conformity of filled or packaged products to brewery standards and communicate any issues to the Head Brewer.
• Work in tandem with Brewing Team, Head Brewer, Operations Manager, and QA/QC.
• Perform all necessary functions of kegging processes, including operation of 2-head keg washer, exterior keg cleaning, keg filling, and other cleaning/sanitizing processes.
Brewery Working Environment
The demands of the Cellarman position are very physical in nature. The demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job you will be working over, under, and around machinery in tight and cramped spaces.
A good candidate will also need to be able to lift and/or move up to 60 pounds, be able to twist and turn repeatedly, be able to reach over their shoulders, and work in a standing, kneeling, walking, and crouching position at a steady pace for extended periods of time. The candidate must be comfortable working at heights of 10+ feet, while standing on a ladder or on a scissor lift. The candidate must be able to safely handle hazardous chemicals.
This work environment involves indoor and outdoor activities in various temperatures and weather conditions. Employees are exposed to high levels of noise and other hazards requiring the use of personal protective equipment. Adherence to company policies is a must.
We offer salary commensurate with experience and education. We are looking to hire people who are serious about beer - without taking themselves too seriously. The ability to adapt to change, operate independently, work hard with a team-oriented mindset, and learn fast is a must. We offer health insurance and paid vacation. We also encourage regular participation within the brewing industry's local community, to include Texas Craft Brewer's guild activities, MBAA meetings, and other events.
To apply, please send cover letter and resume to Logan@nolabelbrew.com